Sr. Data Engineer
HelloWorld is a digital marketing solutions company working with the world’s leading brands. We build promotional campaigns to spark interest, loyalty programs to retain and reward, and mobile messaging platforms to continue the conversation. Our technology is behind global campaigns for clients such as Coca-Cola, Samsung, Johnson & Johnson, and Starbucks.
What's even better? Merkle recently acquired HelloWorld! Joining forces creates a true industry leader in people-based marketing, enabling expanded capability in promotional and loyalty solutions, CRM, digital customer experience, and strategy.
We are looking for an experienced data engineer with "big data" experience and analytics determination. Someone who is driven, self-directed, and focused on delivering the right results through data. The candidate should be able to apply a breadth of tools, data sources and analytical techniques that can help us answer a wide range of questions and present the insights in a concise and effective manner. Technical aptitude and familiarity with common data mining and statistical applications are important for this position. The candidate should also be an effective communicator capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences.
Description and Responsibilities:
- Manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques.
- Deliver on ambiguous projects with multiple stakeholders, unclear requirements and incomplete data.
- Apply statistical concepts and techniques to analyze experiments and user behavior.
- Use and promote data-exploration techniques to discover new or previously unasked questions.
- Define metrics and methodology that accurately quantify the value of improvements.
- Present findings and recommendations to development partners and key decision makers at various management levels.
- Influence stakeholders to make product improvements that yield business value by effectively making compelling cases through story-telling, visualizations, and other influencing tools.
- Provide input to software engineering teams on new analytical capabilities needed.
- Training and knowledge transfer to several Software Engineers and Project Managers across the team.
- 5+ years of industry experience in data integration and data management
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, operations research, engineering/technology or any related field with an emphasis on statistical analysis; or applicable experience.
- Proficient on querying and reducing data from repositories such as SQL Server, Redshift or Hadoop.
- Use of cloud computing services such as AWS, Google, Azure or similar.
- Proficient at data integration using tools such as Informatica, Pentaho Data Integration, Matillion ETL.
- Knowledge of an analysis tool such as R, SPSS, SAS or equivalent.
- Ability to collaborate with partners and development team to drive analytic projects end to end.
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Attention to detail and data accuracy.
- Familiarity with basics of testing methodologies.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt
HelloWorld is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons. HelloWorld recruits, employs, evaluates, and considers for promotion employees without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, age, marital status, height, weight, medical condition or physical handicap or disability, or any other legally protected class, all as required by local, state, and/or federal law.