Project Manager-Enterprise Projects
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Project Manager – Enterprise projects role at Merkle will have overall responsibility for managing projects that lead to the successful delivery of IT solutions that enable Merkle’s business. The Project Manager will utilize industry standard project management methodologies to manage the Project Management lifecycle. Candidates will work in a team setting, sharing information, collaborating and assisting other team members. Candidate must possess a strong dedication to quality customer service, excellent follow through, attention to detail, and a drive to be part of a larger team and engage with broad Corporate IT challenges and initiatives. Must have a basic understanding of the Merkle IT PMO Project Management lifecycle.
- Manage all aspects of Project implementation from inception to project closure.
- Manage Business Information Systems Projects as well as Infrastructure Projects
- Elicit and document technical and functional requirements and define project scope
- Develop and document project schedules, deliverables, and milestones through a detailed project plan
- Proactively identify, track and resolve issues, risks and dependencies associated with projects; leading risk mitigation planning and communication to project sponsors/stakeholders
- Design effective project structure that addresses specific solution/project requirements and is aligned with the IT delivery methodology
- Effectively manage project scope from a functional, schedule and financial perspective using relevant change management processes
- Coordinate the work of multiple project team members to ensure projects remain on schedule
- Accurately forecast resources and time for the duration of a project
- Work as the main liaison between vendors, project sponsors, and the project team
- Actively participate in the development of project management processes and tools for consistent use within the IT organization
- Uphold and promote Merkle’s core values and culture
- Committed to utilizing industry standard project management methodologies to drive projects to successful completion
- Effectively communicate at all levels of the organization
- Effective presentation skills; Have the ability to present project level deliverables clearly and accurately and report weekly on project KPIs to stakeholders
- Strong critical thinking, analysis, and process improvement skills
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, facilitation, prioritization, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills with a solid ability to identify project sponsors/stakeholders, assess their needs and manage their expectations
- Ability to work independently and drive multiple tasks/projects to completion simultaneously
- Knowledge of enterprise infrastructure concepts and standard operating procedures
- Good troubleshooting techniques and problem solving skills
- Ability to learn new skills, techniques, and responsibilities
- Requires 3-5 years of project management experience with demonstrated success driving projects from inception through closure
- Desired experience implementing Business information systems such as Sales and Marketing, Sales Management, Financial, Human Resources, Business Intelligence software and Platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate work experience required
- PMP certification desired
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.