Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking. We foster a culture of ‘Work Hard, Play Hard’, and actively encourage our team members to have, and share opinions.
Our London office based in Tower Hill, is a team of 40 awesome people. We have daily replenished fruit bowls, a wide choice of breakfast cereals, canned soft drinks, a fancy coffee machine, and it would be rude not to mention our well-stocked beer/gin/bubbles-fridge!
Across the year we really do embrace the ‘Play Hard’. For our summer party last year, we took 2 nights away near Chichester, spending the day surfing and paddle-boarding. Christmas was celebrated in Shoreditch, and there are also regular ‘Out of the Box’ social events which can be anything from visiting a museum to rounders in a park. We also love to connect on a global level with our colleagues from around the world. It sounds cliché but we really are one big happy family.
Account Managers (AM) are a senior day-to-day focal point of the account. The AM is expected to have a complete understanding of their clients’ media, overall business and marketing objectives, and to challenge their clients to think in new ways at a business level.
The AM leads some client relationships autonomously and is responsible for managing up to their Account Director (AD) for senior client discussion/planning. The position is usually supported by the Account Executive (AE) where appropriate, and reports to at least an AD level.
The AM is expected to have a very strong working knowledge of the media space (including digital, biddable and traditional media) and available media research. They are also expected to be able to train others on syndicated or cloud media tools (ad serving, research, reporting) and general procedures (both media and inter-department).
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Account Management
- A leadership role; demonstrating account ownership and identifying growth opportunities
- Build strong partnerships with key clients and their teams. Demonstrate the ability to begin directing client wants and needs, in addition to handling inbound briefs
- Dynamic presence in presentations and other forms of client or internal communication
- Manage make-goods when required
- Ensure Account Management best practices are deployed by the relevant account team
- Be responsible for diarizing regular meetings with clients to ensure strong relationships, including reports, QBRs and innovation sessions
- Stay up to date with emerging trends within client business verticals/technologies
- Finance & Profitability
- Responsible for first drafts of SOW documents for client campaigns and projects, with the oversight of the AD and CD
- Understand the principles of profitability, scoping and staffing
- Oversight of client hours, and timesheet completion within the team
- Responsibility and oversight for all account bookings and billings
- Responsibility for checking media plans & proposals, for oversight of rates and fees applied
- Oversee and manage campaigns, including oversight and development of strategic recommendations
- Support and mentor the AEs and Assistant AE’s, assisting with RFPs, vendor relationships and implementation where appropriate
- Ability to align team members & clients, with media strategies and metrics in new areas
- Knowledge of Lead Generation, Demand and Brand campaigns
- Understands the concepts of reach & frequency management, ROI and strategic customer planning. Deploys best practice into campaigns
- Understands the broad workings of specialist medias, including biddable media
- Take the initiative in supporting the AD with wider initiatives and campaign development
- Oversee and manage all client reporting, develop insights from data analysis, able to make optimization recommendations
- Ensure consistency and accuracy of all client reports. Be responsible for presenting those reports, with the assistance and support of the AD when appropriate
- Lead the creation of wrap-up reports and insights
- Deep understanding of biddable reporting & optimizations
- Deep understanding of tagging & tracking strategies, supporting the AE to deploy accurate KPI measurement, data pools, and customer journey recommendations
- Internal/Vendor Relationships
- Training and mentorship of the Assistant AE and AE, being accountable for their growth
- Have a strong internal reputation within DWA, including inter-office
- Lead vendor relationships, directing negotiations and building bridges with senior vendors
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, Private Medical and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
- 3-5 years’ experience, with at least 2.5 years focused online
- Very strong account management skills, and ability to lead client conversations
- An excellent client scorecard
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and presentation skills
- Capable of serving as a DWA ambassador and demonstrating grace in challenging internal/external scenarios
- Ability to properly delegate tasks to staff to ensure appropriate utilization
- Understand and demonstrate commercial acumen with client scoping, staffing and profitability
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, planning tools)
- Strong analytic skills, ability to relate results to client business objectives and make them understandable to clients
- Ability to maintain client and publisher relationships
- Motivation to participate in staff management and larger agency development
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.