Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We’re searching for a Sr. Manager with solid direct response marketing project management experience; ideally within the direct mail channel. A strong candidate will be someone who works to ensure projects are executed efficiently, has a knack for creating solid project plans and budgets and can take responsibility for a large piece of business. This role is in El Segundo.
- Responsible for assisting client in developing new direct mail initiatives, optimizing existing programs, and providing campaign performance insights.
· Responsible for daily client management and communication including but not limited to: developing status reports, leading client status meeting, and managing client expectations.
· Responsible for daily cross functional team management including but not limited to: ensuring appropriate resources are assigned to the project in a timely manner; communicating project plans to all team members; managing internal status meetings
· Responsible for managing external partners who may be contributing to our client projects
· Project management including but not limited to: project plan development; resource assignment; hours and financial reporting; project management and, monitoring; on-time and on budget delivery; flawless execution
· Risk management and solutioning
· Review and approve weekly results reporting
· Client budget management for smaller projects
· Four year degree
· 3-5 years of project management experience for direct mail or direct response marketing intiaities
· Creative agency experience desired
· Proficiency in Excel
· Effective conflict management skills
· Strong presentation and client facing skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Candidate must be open to travel as needed (minimal)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.