Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Data Solutions Statistician works with Merkle’s foundational data products, including our flagship DataSource, as well as Merkle B2B, and our Life Events data. DataSource provides the demographic, psychographic and buying behavior information that analysts and marketers use to make intelligent and profitable consumer marketing decisions across offline and digital channels. It has roughly 130 million households and 260 million U.S. adult individuals. DataSource is rebuilt monthly and also includes ‘fast-moving data’ such as Pre and New Movers and Pre and New Parent lists.
The Data Solutions Statistician role supports senior team members with quantitative methods, data processing, as well as business and industry knowledge to generate client data deliverables and support internal data pipelines and warehousing. The Data Solutions Statistician must have a solid understanding of foundational statistics, experience working with data in SAS or R, and an interest in learning direct marketing and digital media concepts.
•. Bachelor’s degree in statistics, applied math, economics, computer science or a related quantitative field
• Knowledge of multivariate analysis, significance testing, correlation analysis, generalized linear models, shrinkage methods such as lasso/ridge regression, and segmentation
• Experience coding SAS and/or R
• Experience working with any flavor of SQL
• Experience evaluating propensity and regression models
• Experience working with demographic data
• An understanding of data hygiene
• An understanding of file and dataset management
• An interest in learning direct marketing and digital media concepts
• Experience importing/organizing data and building reports in MS Excel, Tableau, or similar business intelligence tool
• Strong communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.