Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the US for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, Geico, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer centric business strategies.
- Data warehouse development and solutions operations monitoring
- Build and maintain SQL procedures and ETL processes
- Assist US based Technical Lead in requirements gathering and data analysis as needed
- Estimate work effort and assist the Technical Lead with task planning and LOE (level of effort) estimates
- Monitoring & Troubleshooting of Marketing Database environment including SQL and Google Big Query
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with team based in the United States.
- Write technical documentation
- Qualified individuals possess the Merkle attributes of being smart, curious, committed to vision, passionate, fun/pleasant, an achiever and having a sense of urgency
- 5+ years of data focused software development and design experience
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing ETL solutions using Matillion ETL Tool, Tidal, Python, Bash shell scripting
- Experience designing and developing database solutions using SQL server and/or Cloud database solutions (Google BigQuery, Microsoft SQL Server, Google Cloud Storage)
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform (Big Query, Data Fusion, Pub/Sub)
- Strong understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, design patterns, and multithreading concepts.
- Strong knowledge of software engineering and development methodologies, techniques, and tools, including Configuration Management (SVN), Issue Tracking (Jira), and Software Development Lifecycle (waterfall; agile)
- Experience as a lead developer
- Experience with Customer Data Integration or Master Data Management preferred