AEM Frontend Tech Lead
We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
For our sunny Barcelona office, we are looking for experienced frontend developers to work on our exciting projects around EMEA region. You will be part of a truly international team with years of experience platform implementations. Here you will have the opportunity to develop further your skills with great projects and provided trainings.
- 3+ years of experience in front-end web development
- Agile methodology and iterative development
- 1+ years of experience integrating front-end code into back-end CMS platforms
- Responsive design
- Coding to support template and component based web content management systems
- Experience in configuring and using CSS preprocessors like LESS or Sass
- An understanding of SPA frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue
Requisite Abilities and/or Skills:
- Experiencing in reviewing creative work from the perspective of front-end build
- Employ strong coding standards for efficiency, readability, and reuse
- Version management tools like GIT or BitBucket
- Using NPM as part of the front-end build process (Webpack, Grunt, Bower, Gulp)
- Have strong interpersonal skills such as effective listening, empathy, patience and the ability to interface with customers
- Different CSS approaches such as BEM
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, with ability to work effectively across an organization supporting multiple countries across EMEA
- Team player with ability to work individually
- "Embrace the Unknown" ability - Desire to continually learn and explore new tools, concepts and ideas and then share them with the rest of the team
- Understanding of modern software delivery processes, tools and frameworks
Nice to Have Skills and Qualifications:
- Development experience in React, Angular or Vue
- Experience with AEM and HTL
- Experience with Sitecore
- WCAG considerations a how these affect development
- SEO principles and practices with respect to front-end development
- Supporting and mentoring other developers
- Page performance considerations
- Web analytics
- Experience with continuous integration, build and source management (GitFlow branching model)
- Experience with practices such as unit testing, static analysis, and build automation.
- Providing presentations and knowledge sharing sessions
- Attractive and competitive salary.
- Spanish/English lessons.
- Free life and health insurance.
- Career development through Merkle University (which includes access to Linkedin Learning and Skillsoft).
- Breakfast Box on your birthday.
- Fruit, coffee, tea, cookies available in the office.
- Merkle Benefits Club
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.