Accounts Receivable Analyst
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Accounts Receivable Analyst will play a key role in the Finance Department and will partner with the Accounts Receivable Supervisor to help drive process improvements within the Accounts Receivable team.
The Analyst’s primary role will center around the cash application and collections processes. The Accounts Receivable Analyst will need to balance these activities and responsibilities while helping to improve processes, challenge the status quo, and partnering with cross functional teams to improve visibility into AR balances. A successful candidate will be focused on team goals, process improvements and collaborating with business partners.
The Accounts Receivables Analyst’s areas of responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
· Cash Application: Processing/applying daily cash receipts within the ERP system. Includes ensuring entries are accurate and timely. The incumbent in the position will also be relied on to help improve processes, eliminating non-value add tasks, partnering with Intercompany and Accounts Payable staff to ensure receipts are posted timely and accurately. Real time visibility updates to client teams will also be required
· Cash Collections: Partner with the Project Accounting/Billing teams to ensure client accounts contain accurate invoices. Help to initiate contact with clients/client teams on upcoming invoices that will be due/past due. Promoting visibility for leadership into any delinquent accounts.
· Month End Close: Ensuring internal deadlines are met for cash application. Completing balance sheet reconciliations/reporting for Accounts Receivable related accounts
· Accounting Operations Support: Facilitate communication and standardization between accounting operations and client teams and within other areas within Merkle. Ability to communicate/articulate outstanding client items will be key requirement
· Client Team Support: Coordinate with Accounts Receivable Supervisor to help provide excellent customer service to client teams. Strive to improve efficiency and visibility amongst stakeholders
· ERP Implementation: Become subject matter expert for the Accounts Receivable and Credit and Collections modules
· Other Ad hoc Projects and Requests
Life as an Account Receivable Analyst at Merkle
• It’s a roll-up your sleeves and dive in type of role, ensuring timely cash application and collection of all overdue client receivables
• The role takes ownership of the cash application process and will have visibility to all client payments
• Resolving payment queries with clients and internal departments is key; Proactively identifying accounts that require extra contact and support is essential
• Help increase cash flow through collections efforts
• General ad hoc activities to support the finance function and wider reporting
· B.S. in Accounting or Finance preferred
· 1-2 years’ experience within Accounts Receivable
· Experience with process improvement and improving process workflows
· Strong, effective written and oral communications skills
· Experience with integrated accounting systems preferred
· Ability to resolve basic operational and accounting issues
· Highly motivated, self-starter
· Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, meet deadlines
· Function effectively in a team environment
· Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.