Senior Campaign Executive
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Campaign Executive to join our renowned Consultancy team to help support a growing campaign client list. As a Campaign Executive, you will provide campaign build and execution support,best practice campaign consultancy and migration planning support. This role provides an existing Campaign Executive a chance to take on a more varied campaign role and to work with a wide range of clients across many industry sectors.
As we are a consultancy team, we do not sit still! Some clients like to come to us and others expect us to be onsite with them; it is really important that you like to get out of the office and travel as and when required (All expenses will be reimbursed!). Your advanced knowledge of marketing technology, leadership skills, confidence in workshops and meetings will make this a rewarding time.
Life as a Senior Campaign Executive at Merkle
Your team works with multiple client brands to deliver insight driven relationship-marketing programmes, specifically campaigns using Adobe Campaign. It offers an excellent opportunity for the right individual to build excellent knowledge and understanding of CRM programmes.
As a Senior Campaign Executive, you will offer support to clients in the following remit:
- Be part of the wider project team: working in a flexible manner to cover all of the clients’ campaign requirements within the agreed schedule
- Key to the success of the overall project: completing accurate data briefs that reflect the requirements of the campaigns or user journeys
- Participate or support campaign Design and Build: configuring and executing campaigns, user journeys, on time, to schedule and with no errors
- Governance and control: perform Quality Assurance on campaign extracts, test, proof, peer review, document
- Acting on behalf of the client and/or colleagues: raising any issues with the underlying data and working with the development team to resolve them
- Migration and implementation planning: planning the lift and shift of campaigns from one tool to another
- Data tasks: gathering client’s data requirements and availability to support campaign execution
- Act as Campaign operations stage gate: offer best practice campaign process adoption
- You’ll build up your best practice consultancy skills by reading industry news, learning about optimisation techniques and following changes to data protection laws, etc.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too. Some of the benefits to look forward to:
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
What we are looking for in you
- Work experience of manipulating, segmenting and selecting data through Adobe Campaign in a client or agency environment
- Experience of managing complex multi-channel, multi-wave data driven campaigns
- Good understanding of relational data and database marketing, campaign and reporting tools
- Good understanding of campaign reporting
- Excellent written/verbal communication and time management skills
- Ability to pick up technical systems quickly with an aptitude and keenness to learn new technologies
- Good team working skills with the ability to work collaboratively and flexibly
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.