Associate, Media Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Performance Analytics Associate will use knowledge in quantitative marketing and an understanding of business processes to deliver insights and recommendations as they relate to our client’s business needs.
Perform analytics tasks, including but not limited to:
- Understand client business problems, clarify analytic objectives, create initial solution design and approach for client problem, identify data needs and formulate data solutions, drive and execute deep analysis and research projects. They should also be able to take the first pass at packaging and presenting insights to stakeholders.
- Deliver practical and actionable recommendations based upon marketing intelligence generated through conducting customer behavior study, portfolio diagnostics, competitive analysis and industry economics research.
- Collaborate closely with other teams to formulate industry-best-practice analytic solutions and directly contribute to a variety of validation activities such as model design, execution and assessment; data review; and campaign/marketing performance evaluation.
- Responsible for assisting in defining a comprehensive measurement framework, developing effective reporting and dashboards with an objective to evaluate marketing performance and provide recommendations for enhancement
- Work cross-functionally throughout the organization to implement client solution recommendations
- Responsible for ensuring the quality of outputs is what would be expected from a top class consulting firm
- Stay informed of advancements in industry trends and developing technology; proactively apply entrepreneurial spirit in identifying opportunities to introduce, enhance and improve Merkle's analytical tools, data mining techniques and processes, ensuring Merkle is always at the forefront of the industry.
- Creation of best practices, case studies, and training class materials is actively encouraged
- Package selected interim and final deliverables for later re-use by other Merkle teams, including rationale for why options/tactics were chosen (i.e., provides metadata for the documents)
- Anticipate project risk and constraints and proactively work on solutions to address the risk/constraints
Key Skills and Experience :
- Hands-on experience with BI and digital analytics tools: Tableau, Adobe analytics, Google analytics
- Strong in MS Office core suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Proficient in intermediate statistical analysis including linear regression and time series forecasting
- Working knowledge of database systems
- Proficiency with multiple analytics tools is a plus; Python, R, SQL
- Experience with internal or external client management is a preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics or related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Contribute to innovation, process improvement, standardization
- Deliver high quality analytical solutions on-time
- Develop project plan; manage the day-to-day tasks; and meet project deadlines
- Work effectively across teams to ensure client satisfaction
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.