Senior Account Manager - Healthcare
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with ten additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific, employing 300+ employees globally.
In December 2017, we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds. Locally, we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network, meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking. We foster a culture of "work hard, play hard" and actively encourage our team members to have, and share opinions.
Senior Account Manager
The Senior Account Manager is a key team member across select DWA B2B clients, operating as the day-to-day key person in delivering client work. Leading client relationships autonomously, you will be responsible for implementing planning and buying across your designated clients. This will include, but is not limited to, strategic planning, pre and post-campaign reporting and financial administration.
The SAM will manage the AMs and AEs, whilst managing up to their Account Director. You will be expected to have a very strong working knowledge of the media space (including digital, biddable and traditional media) and available media research. You'll also need to be able to train others on syndicated or cloud media tools (ad serving, research, reporting) and general procedures (both media and inter-department).
Life as a Senior Account Manager:
- A leadership role; demonstrating account ownership and identifying growth opportunities
- Training and mentoring other members of the team, including those at AM and AE level, being accountable for their growth and development
- Oversee and manage campaigns, including oversight and development of strategic recommendations
- Pre and post-campaign reporting
- Conduct competitor analysis as required
- Manage key client relationships, including those with media owners and marketing teams based client side
- Lead vendor relationships, directing negotiations and building bridges with senior vendors
- Dynamic presence in presentations and other forms of client or internal communication
A Few of the Benefits:
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will, too.
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools, with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Company Pension, Private Medical and other corporate benefits
- Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
- Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
- Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
- It is anticipated the successful candidate will have circa 3-5 years media planning/buying experience, with comprehensive digital planning knowledge
- B2B and B2C experience across healthcare media planning and buying
- Strong account management, with the ability to lead client conversations
- Management experience
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Capable of serving as a DWA ambassador and demonstrating grace in challenging internal/external scenarios
- Ability to properly delegate tasks to staff to ensure appropriate utilization
- Understand and demonstrate commercial acumen with client scoping, staffing and profitability
- Advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, planning tools)
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to relate results to client business objectives and make them understandable to clients
- Ability to maintain client and publisher relationships
- Motivation to participate in staff management and larger agency development
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.