Client Service - Account Director
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Account Director manages the day to day client relationships. This individual also manages Merkle teams from shared services (e.g., Strategy, Analytics, Technology, etc.) who will help identify, drive, and implement solutions for our client.
Account Directors are expected to establish and maintain a strong partnership with the client by ensuring successful execution of deliverables, providing thought leadership on strategic planning initiatives, and providing overall efficient account management. The role is focused on flawless service and delivery on client projects.
Account Directors have a deep understanding of their clients business and are able to interpret and lead client discussions on current engagements and new opportunities. Account Directors drive new business by ensuring key program goals are met and collaborate and lead others to provide best in class work.
· Proven track record of creating happy customers. Own overall client satisfaction and the continuing growth and evolution of the clients. Accomplished by driving successful delivery of work product and cultivating strong client relationships.
· Proactively manages the business, leading staffing and resource management, financial reporting and forecasting, solution development, marketplace and thought leadership to ensure client work is efficiently executed and delivered flawlessly with an eye on growth
- Drives business development and growth of existing accounts and may participate in the new business development efforts as well
- Successfully manage people and create opportunities for growth and development throughout team; coaches and mentors internal team members for career growth
- Consistently demonstrates financial acumen through ensuring revenue and profitability targets are met on accounts. Responsible for project-level P&L
Key Skills and Experience
· Proven track record of creating happy customers. Own overall client satisfaction and the continuing growth and evolution of the clients.
· 8-10 years of client services/account management in a direct marketing agency or a combination of agency/client side (within client vertical a plus). Client side experience must include a leadership role.
· Experience managing large, complex, multi-million dollar accounts with strategy, analytics, digital and creative components
· Excellent ability to manage client relationships, especially sensitive issues, and effectively problem solve
· Strong experience managing the financial aspects of a book of business including forecasting revenue, costs, profit margins, invoicing, reporting your financials to company executives, etc.
· Should be financially disciplined and feel at home working on Excel spreadsheets and internal accounting and forecasting programs (i.e. Salesforce). Responsible for profit and loss on an account.
· Experience hiring, managing, and developing a team of who are responsible for the day-to-day execution of client programs; Must thrive on building highly effective teams; possess strong people management skills
· Solid understanding of all key channels (e-mail, Web, Direct Mail, Telemarketing, Search, Display and other Digital services etc.,)
· Working knowledge of CRM
· Ability to analyze problems and produce a viable solution
· Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast changing environment
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Bachelor's degree required
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.