Analyst, Audience Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Opportunities available for winter 2019 and spring 2020 graduates and recent alumni.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
Consumers are interacting with brands and making decisions at every moment. By leveraging marketing technology platforms and using cross-channel data brands are positioned to create a unified marketing message and personalized experience for their target audience while driving ROI. Analysts, Audience Analytics use in-depth knowledge in quantitative database marketing, predictive analytics and segmentation, and an understanding of business processes to develop technical and analytical solutions for clients. They are part of a multifaceted on- and offline analytics team that works closely with other analysts and client relationship managers in the company. You will encounter different analytic problems and be challenged to provide unique and effective solutions in a digital, fast-paced world.
- Provide customer profiling, segmentation analysis, survey design and analysis
- Conduct data analysis and mining, external data enhancement and determine quantitative methods
- Develop effective reporting and dashboards with an objective to evaluate marketing performance and provide recommendations for enhancement
- Help to deliver practical and actionable recommendations based data analysis
- Work cross-functionally throughout the organization to implement client solution recommendations
- Anticipate project risk and constraints and proactively work on solutions to address the risk/constraints
- Under guidance, responsible to understand client business problems, solution approach, and execute basic analysis and research projects, package and assist in presenting insights to stake holders
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, or related field. Advanced degree preferred
- Coursework or internship/industry experience in analytics, preferably in database marketing
- Demonstrated, hands-on experience with analytics tools R Studio or SAS
- Experience with data query languages (SQL, HIVE [data sci]) and/or database systems (relational/RDBMS, "Big data"/Hadoop)
- Ability to execute advanced analytic tasks including but not limited to modeling, segmentation, DOE, forecasting, etc. and create meaningful analytical outputs
- Ability to discover hidden insights or complex patterns through advanced multi-variate data mining techniques on un-structured business problems
- Understanding of digital data is a plus, including the systems and processes used to generate and manipulate it by media type (web, ad, email, mobile, etc.)
- Well-versed in the core MS Office suite programs and an intermediate to advanced user of Excel including the ability to use formulas, functions, and pivot tables
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone; write clear emails and memos; be friendly, cheerful, and patient; and enjoy explaining complicated concepts to others
- Ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize responsibilities and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Keen problem-solving and trouble-shooting abilities; high level of accuracy and attention to detail
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.