Programmatic Display Marketing Associate (October Start)
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
We are looking for talented, analytical individuals to join our Programmatic Display campaign team in October 2019. Programmatic advertising is a rapidly evolving sector and our team is proud to be one of the most highly respected teams in Europe. Merkle’s Programmatic team won the Best Biddable Media Agency award in recognition of the team’s innovative approach and hard work.
No previous experience is required. We welcome new joiners from all backgrounds; you can be freshly graduated, someone with an apprenticeship or a person looking for a change of career. We're open to anyone whose passionate about Programmatic Display and can display that passion and research throughout the interview process.
Programmatic Display – never heard of it? Well, it’s the fastest-growing branch of digital marketing! It specialises in using intellectual technology platforms to efficiently place adverts online through a programmatic buying or real-time-bidding process. This engages hundreds of ad exchanges and publishers and enables advertisers to show their Display ads to the right users at the right time. So, in simple terms, when you log on to the guardian, scroll through a news article or read a blog and you wonder how the adverts shown on the side or how the ads are so relevant to you – that’s thanks to the display network. We serve display adverts that are helpful to you personally. Our role is to be clever and only show our client’s adverts to people who would be interested in buying the product or using the service. This allows for the consumer to have a personalised online experience and our clients can market directly to a customer more likely to purchase – it’s win win!
Life as a Junior Programmatic Display Marketing Associate at Merkle
Training. From your first day you will embark on our extensive training programme. You will quickly be introduced to Programmatic Display through in-person classroom sessions, online training and various workshops. You will be assigned a coach who is dedicated to your learning and will assist you with any questions you may have. Everyone learns at their own pace and your coach is there to support you throughout your training! We’re lucky enough to have a super close relationship with Google and all other leading platforms in the programmatic space, so do expect to have regular visits from their representative, and possibly visit their equally beautiful offices to help assist you with your training.
Design Implement and Build. You will be responsible for designing and implementing campaigns, analysing performance data and identifying ways to optimise performance. This requires you to work with tools and platforms including, but not exclusive to, the Google Marketing Platform quickly get to grips with different technology.
Relationship Building. You will liaise directly with clients, providing them with regular reports, analysis, insights and big-picture strategy. You will need to enjoy communicating with people via email, phone, in-office meetings and be able to understand client’s frustrations and work with them to solve problems and improve campaigns.
Analysis. Our campaigns performance is measured by different goals and KPI’s. It could be to see how many people viewed an ad or purchased the product. Either way all this information is returned to you in the form of data. So a lot of your role will involve working with numbers and excel. You will need to be comfortable analysing numbers, looking for trends and translating graphs to your clients.
Happiness. It’s hard to overstate the importance we place on employee happiness. We want all our employees to enjoy coming to work in our offices (which we’re rather proud of!) and working in a super-friendly and supportive team. At Merkle, everyone has a voice and a part to play in driving the organisation forward.
For more info on the role from one of our current employees, please see the attached blog post below:
What do we look for in you?
- Research into Programmatic Display Marketing is a must!
- Enthusiasm, initiative and drive
- Curiosity about the digital industry and the world of business
- A co-operative and supportive personality; a true team player
- The ability to work autonomously and to efficiently manage multiple projects
- Highly articulate in verbal and written communications
- A keen eye for detail
- Evidence of an excellent academic record
- A strong sense of professionalism and a deep respect for others
- Well-developed logic and reasoning skills, including an aptitude for data analysis
Finally, we expect that you’ll have really done your research into Programmatic Display Marketing. You don’t need to be a pro (we don’t require you to have any previous experience!), but we absolutely need to see that you’ve read up on recent trends, are familiar with the industry and have nailed understanding the basic concepts. There’s so much to read online; hopefully once you start, you just want to keep reading!
The Interview Process
Firstly, we suggest you apply at your earliest convenience (make sure you’ve done your research!) as our roles are always very popular and do fill quickly. We hire on a first-come basis.
In this position, you will be focusing solely on Programmatic Display so we will want to see a passion and enthusiasm for this particular area. This interest can be showcased in your research and ability to go above and beyond when looking into this area.
· Application – When you apply you will be asked a couple of questions to showcase your interest in Programmatic Display.
· Video Interview – If your application is successful you will be asked to complete a video interview (they sound scarier than they are, we promise!). The video interview is a chance for us to get to know more about you and your knowledge and recent research.
· In Office Interview - If successful after a video interview then you would progress to the in-office interview. This is a chance for you to come to the office, meet us in person, learn more about the company and showcase your skills, passion and research in person.
· Final Interview – If you reach the final interview, you will be asked to put together a Programmatic Display Campaign, based off a pretend client brief.
Throughout the entire process we will be wanting to learn more about you as an individual (your interests, skills and understanding of the role), your passion for this area and the research you’ve done. Don’t focus on the nerves, make sure you come prepared and ensure you interview us as well! At the end of the day you’ll be with us 5 days a week, so you want to make sure its somewhere you want to work to.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- An opportunity to involve yourself in our Diversity & Inclusion initiatives, made up of six ‘Pillars’ (Mental health, Women in Leadership, Ethnicity, Religion, Disability and LGBTQ)
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, Massaoke and speed boating on the Thames!)
- On-site games room (think ping pong, pool table, and Foosball!)
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Fridays at 4:30pm (aka. 4:Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.