VP-Data Client Engagement
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Merkle is actively seeking a Vice President, Client Engagement within our Data Solutions team, reporting to the SVP, Data Solutions-Client Engagement. As part of the Data Solutions team, the individual will help to lead and be accountable for our clients’ data engagements ensuring client objectives are met by overseeing the development and execution of people-based media campaigns that span addressable marketing channels and CRM applications. This person will work closely with our Data Strategy, Product and Delivery teams and other subject matter experts. Such plans will include data strategy, tactics, forecasts, budgets, and projections, and performance metrics. VP’s are able to interpret and provide recommendations around marketing results and continually confirm the client’s investment is sound.
A successful candidate will have a proven track record of innovative work with a broad range of data originating both offline and online, preferably with experience spanning B2C and B2B realms. The ideal candidate will be equally fluent in martech and ad tech with the ability to understand the worlds of digital media, CRM, onboarding, DMPs, and addressable TV.
- Lead a portfolio of key data accounts that intersect with our M1 Enterprises solution.
- Be a subject matter expert and principle data evangelist across all sales and planning efforts that intersect the data discipline within our M1 Enterprise solution.
- Play a key role in pitches that include Data and the M1 Enterprise solution communicating the Data Solutions value proposition to prospects and clients.
- Work with our Strategy team to develop data strategy and drive performance for marketing efforts that span addressable channels
- Manage and grow strategic relationships; fulfill these strategies on time, on budget and with maximum efficiency of resources
- Educate clients and internal constituents on available data sources and products, as well as general best practices for segmentation in people-based marketing
- Assist in communicating Data Solutions Product updates and value proposition internally and to clients
- Provide input into the data acquisition and the product roadmap
- Define and oversee the execution of data tests
- Relationship Management
- Financial Management
- Project Management
- People Management
- Solution Development
- Business Acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent ability to manage client relationships, especially sensitive issues, and effectively problem solve
- Ability to work well in a fast changing environment
- Minimum of 15+ years experience in relevant relationship marketing disciplines including CRM strategy, online/offline media, CRM infrastructure, etc.
- Experience managing large, complex, multi-million dollar
- Strong confidence and C suite presence
- Charismatic, engaging personality
- Passion for forming and driving successful client relationships
- Previous experience in CRM within a major consulting firm or marketing agency preferred
- Strong experience managing the financial aspects of a book of business including forecasting revenue, costs, profit margins, invoicing, reporting your financials to company executives, etc. Should be financially disciplined and feel at home working on Excel spreadsheets and internal accounting and forecasting programs (i.e. Salesforce).
- Experience hiring, managing, and developing a team of who are responsible for the day-to-day execution of client programs; Must thrive on building highly effective teams; posses strong people management skills
- Solid understanding of all key addressable
Other: Bachelor's degree required
- Analytically minded, specifically comfortable with data, response metrics and trends
- Published in the market on the subject of CRM and customer centricity
- Typical travel requirement of 30% to 50% including internal to Merkle, with clients and prospects, and industry events; travel will fluctuate with activity and opportunity and at times the requirement will be greater
- Strong knowledge of the US data marketplace with experience delivering data strategies and solutions to marketers, preferably spanning B2C and B2B dimensions
- Subject matter expertise in all aspects of People Based Marketing, possessing a strong understanding of data and segmentation best practices
- Native familiarity with the digital media, data, analytics, and CRM
- Fluent grasp of the digital adtech and addressable media ecosystem
- Passion for strategy, innovation, and growing commercial relationships
- Ability to navigate a complex stakeholder matrix and manage priorities
- Passion for cultivating long-term relationships with key stakeholders
- Network and history of successful work with senior executives across brands and agencies
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.