Google Cloud Technical Project Manager
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the UMerkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the US for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, Geico, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer centric business strategies.S for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, Geico, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer centric business strategies.
The Project Manager will have overall responsibility for exceeding customer expectations through superior implementation and delivery of best-of-breed technology enabled marketing solutions. This qualified individual will be the customer’s primary point of contact and will ensure appropriate communication across the entire project team and stakeholders. This person will possess an understanding of the customer’s business and marketing requirements and lead the implementation team, develop the project scope, manage project plans and schedules, handle resource scheduling and tracking, develop and maintain status documents and ensure that the quality of deliverables are met on time and within established budget.
- Manage all aspects of implementation from inception to deployment.
- Create the Statement of Work and project plan including all negotiations leading to the final SOW document and baseline plan. Work with project team and other required resources to identify all project deliverables and associated tasks required to complete those deliverables.
- Work closely with customers, implementation team members, and sales personnel to help scope solution and to resolve issues in advance associated with the project
- Help drive the solution’s scoping and requirements stage
- Maintain contact and communication with all project team members and other participants to ensure conformance with the requirements of each project(s) and client user expectations.
- Evaluate and summarize weekly project(s) reports for management, identifying successful completions of milestones and deliverables, change management process, and any problems or issues and any follow-up action required.
- Create the risk management plan.
- Create and maintain strong, resilient relationships with individuals at a variety of levels at the customer company and project team.
- Displays mature judgment regarding how and when to escalate client or internal issues to their supervisors. Listens effectively to team members and clients both for fact-finding purposes and to ensure those constituencies feel heard and understood
- Create and manage the project financials including updating actual expenditures and tracking invoicing and payments
- Leverages and contributes to standard implementation methodology
- Assist sales team during opportunity assessment and proposal phases of the service delivery process, particularly as it relates to project approach, timeline and deliverables.
- Assist in RFP responses, help facilitate customer demos and participate in functional and technical customer meetings
- Participate in sales presentations and customer calls.
- 30% Travel
- Professional client presence
- Impeccable verbal and written comprehension and communication skills
- 8+ years in a hands-on project management role in a data warehouse, data migration or other large database delivery environment.
- Prior experience in data migration of on-premise systems to cloud platforms or implementing new solutions in cloud platform is a must
- 8+ years experience as a business requirements analyst with full lifecycle software implementations involving data warehousing, data migration
- 5+ years experience in a hands-on development role involving any of the following: programming, database developer, logical modeler, DBA
- Skilled with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, MS Project
- SQL Server, Oracle, SQL Scripting, ER/Win
- Linux, Unix, Windows Server
- Knowledge of cloud platforms (AWS/GCP/Azure) and native technologies
- Ability to rapidly master complex data structures
- Experience working with teams ranging from 5 to 10 people
- Ability to thrive in a complex environment consisting of geographically dispersed and highly matrixed teams
- Ability to use sound, logical judgment
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.