Director, Media Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are seeking a highly qualified analytics professional with professional experience optimizing digital marketing channels and audiences as well as developing the vision to lead projects and analysts to greatness. The successful candidate will have proven success communicating the value of advanced analytics and models to C-Level executives with enterprise level clients.
The Analytics Director is focused on supporting our Digital Media and Audience business (Email, PPC/SEO, Display, and Paid Social). The position will collaborate closely with account leadership while building strong client relationships to help evolve our clients’ digital marketing programs. They will drive innovation within Digital Media and Data-Driven Marketing optimization efforts across algorithms, reporting/insights, and media planning efforts as well as building a strong team of associates. They will also be part of a growing multifaceted analytics team that develops advanced analytic solutions for top companies across industries. Additionally the Director is tasked with identifying and providing recommendations to continuously refine current business practices and tools to create better operations.
Key Responsibilities :
- Develop and maintain strategic client partnerships across all digital marketing channels
- Direct and develop strategic solutions that drive results on client campaigns & objectives
- Clearly convey strategic vision in a manner that instills confidence in the client while garnering complete support from analysts
- Engage positive change management to grow and develop the Analytics organization i.e. recruiting efforts to develop a team of strong performing associates, recognizing business challenges and developing solutions
- Optimize workflow with a multitude of internal stakeholders to ensure complete satisfaction while ensuring client objectives are met
- Direct a team of associates that span multiple clients and channels ensuring that objectives are being met.
- Develop custom performance reporting, algorithms, models and analyses across multiple channels/clients
- 8+ years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to foster strong client relationships
- Demonstrated ability to foster ideas and growth among a team of associates
- Experience managing cross functional teams with a primary role supporting multiple teams of analysts
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing multiple marketing channels
- Demonstrated proficiency in digital and customer centric marketing
- Track record of cultivating positive change management
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics or related field required; advanced degree preferred
- Experience with digital marketing, web analytics, or audience management preferred (Omniture, CoreMetrics, Google Analytics, WebTrends, Krux, Salesforce, etc.)
- Media Platforms and 3rd Party Tools (Google Adwords, DoubleClick, MediaMath, Bing Ads, ExactTarget, Hitwise, BrightEdge, Facebook, etc.)
- CRM Data Analysis (Customer Segmentation, Churn, Lifetime Value, Acquisition, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and consulting skills
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.