Senior Vice President - Digital Experience Capability Lead
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Merkle is seeking a uniquely talented industry leading senior executive to serve as the leader of its Digital Experience practice. We are a data-driven, technology enabled global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. The individual we seek will lead and represent the Digital Experience solution within Merkle, serving as an expert on the practice as well as leading the group day to day.
- The Digital Experience Capability Lead is a Senior Vice President level role that will act as the overall leader of the Digital Experience sub-service line in the Americas (a roughly $32 million business today that includes nearly 130 employees)
- This individual will oversee all day-to-day operations of the Digital Experience team, inclusive of technical, creative, client service, and strategy functions.
- This individual will serve as a key member of the Technology Executive Team within Merkle and will have a regular presence in all leadership forums to communicate the thought leadership, change and innovation that he or she will deliver
- This individual will report directly to the EVP, Technology Service Line Lead
- The Digital Experience Capability Lead will drive innovation, integration, and optimization for enterprise marketing clients and be a key contributor in developing and delivering our Digital Experience solutions.
- This individual will be a thought leader both within Merkle and in the marketing industry.
- This individual is responsible for setting the Digital Experience vision and representing the solution to other teams throughout Merkle.
- Build Client Value - Establish and execute a clear strategy to build our Digital Experience practice and methods to create client value; Build lasting and strategic relationships with both existing and target clients; bring innovative thinking and methods to our work
- Build People and Teams – Build the Digital Experience capability and expertise at Merkle even further - and help educate the broader organization(s) in how best to harness those capabilities. Create clear engagement and fulfilling careers within the team
- Build our Brand – Build on our strong market positioning around Digital Experience through clear though leadership and innovation
- Build our Business - Create and deliver brilliant solutions for our clients – that are profitable for Merkle
- Metrics - Success will be measured by the individual’s ability to meet or exceed goals pertaining to the following:
- Achieve financial targets
- Client retention and relationships
- Drive sales and revenue in a sustainable manner
- Strong collaboration within peer set, and integration of Digital Experience within Merkle and Dentsu
- Drive innovation; industry thought leadership
- Team retention and engagement
- The right individual will find Merkle’s culture appealing and will ‘fit in’ quite naturally. We believe:
- Business is personal
- Great people create great results
- Trust and transparency are non-negotiable
- We prize principles over rules
- Our people speak the truth
- Community matters
- Nothing outweighs high-performance results
- 10-15+ years of industry experience in a related (Digital Experience, and leadership) capability
- Demonstrated results leading $30M+ revenue business
- Demonstrated understanding of People Based Marketing and its enabling capabilities and applications
- Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and lead a high performing team
- Deep general business knowledge and acumen
- Excellent communications skills and strong C suite presence
- Ability to lead through influence over authority
- Market facing, deal oriented individual
- Ability to establish key relationships and position oneself as a thought leader
- Strong collaboration capabilities are critical to this role
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree