Axis41, A Merkle company
Axis41 is a marketing technology and design agency. We combine strategic planning, creative, and leading tech to build complete solutions for modern brands.
Why we want you:
If you are able to create surprising new solutions to old problems, take great and turn it into amazing, and hone a project down to its perfect essence, then we want you on our team. We are looking for a creative director who is as obsessed with the tiny details as they are with the big picture. Someone who can lead others to create beautiful and simple solutions, by example.
• Be highly creative, motivated, and enjoyable to work with
• Leading a team of creatives - graphic designers, art directors, UI designers, production designers, illustrators, etc.
• Orchestrate the big picture of a project, from strategy through development
• Translate a brief into its create parts
• Determine how to best represent a concept visually
• Provide high level direction on content strategy and copywriting
• Develop the overall visual expression of a project
• Oversee design projects, from concept to delivery
• Help define and carry out strategic initiatives
• Present and defend ideas to internal teams and clients
• Deliver beautiful, simple, and strategic experiences that users can relate to
• Lead creation of digital marketing collateral, infographics, webpages, microsites, mobile apps, etc.
• Accurately design from pre-defined templates, as well as from scratch
• Work across digital, app, print, and environmental formats
• Create original conceptual artwork
• Maintain brand consistency
• Work with project managers to create project plans, budgets, and timelines
• Commissioning specialists, such as artists, illustrators and photographers
• Meet deadlines and budgets
• Collaborate with other creatives, strategists, account executives, developers, and clients
• Employ and teach best practice skills regarding typography, file housekeeping, production for release to a printer or developer
• Review, comment, and approve creative from other designers
• Work with design team to create presentations
• Inspire others by thinking beyond the obvious
• Stay current with industry tools and trends
• 10+ years proven experience as a designer or similar role
• Ability to think strategically on your own as well as in a group
• Ability to create strong brands and be a steward for already established brands
• Strong aesthetic sensibilities
• Ability to create thought-provoking, creative solutions
• Refined verbal and written communication skills
• Strong conflict resolution, presentation, and negotiation skills
• Professional, considerate, and passionate
• Superb organizational skills to coordinate complicated projects
• Attention to visual, technical, and mechanical details
• Ability to talk technical jargon with developer team, (basic HTML/CSS skills a plus)
• Ability to build strong relationships and generate opportunities for repeat business
• Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team
• Willingness to travel as needed
• Solid knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, and other creative apps.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.