Senior Digital Media Specialist
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Senior Media Specialist focuses on media optimization and planning across paid media. This will be a role focused primarily on Display and Social, but also exposed to mobile DSP, video DSP and direct publisher (traditional planning) based buying. You will have the opportunity to be a part of an innovative, fast growing business unit focused on revolutionizing digital media planning and buying, in the context of a multi-channel data driven approach.
- Using your analytical mindset, you will be responsible for the strategy, execution, performance and reporting of the Display, Video and Paid social campaigns of one of our clients across multiple platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Google’s DoubleClick Bid Manager, Amazon AAP, AOP)
- Daily optimization and management of campaigns within individual DSPs and Platforms
- RFP’ing media vendors and evaluating publisher capabilities and new opportunities
- Working with Merkle optimization Subject Matter Expert, you will maintain awareness of new marketing platforms and techniques, as well as look for opportunities to innovate and develop new techniques
- Building Trafficking sheets to share with the trafficking team to generate through 3rd party ad server tools such as Double Click Campaign Manager and implementing ad tags and creative in DSPs and with vendors
- Pixel and tag generation, implementation and quality assurance
- Budget management including: assistance in allocation of monthly budgets, issuance/revisions of monthly insertion orders, oversight of client’s billing and financial reconciliation on a monthly and quarterly basis and resolution of media invoice and ad service fee discrepancies
- Analyzing campaign performance and providing optimization recommendations
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with high grades both in the major and overall
- 1-2 years' experience working in DSPs and Social Platforms (Facebook and Twitter a must). A bonus if you have worked in social SAAS platforms, SPMDs, or DSPs running FBX
- Must be passionate about media and the technologies used to support online and/or mobile advertising operations: ad serving, audience management tools, inventory applications, HTML, XML, and third-party ad tags
- MUST love and be curious about data analytics and how that affects the bottom line
- Experience with digital ads trafficking is a plus (Atlas, DCM, MediaMind,...)
- Well versed in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Professional client communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-pace environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, but also can work well in a team
- Ability to proactively organize daily tasks and make your own to do list
- Keen problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Enthusiasm for the future of brand advertising on the web and building that future with us
- Willingness to travel 5%
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.