Experience Brand Strategist
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
This role will play a key role in collaborating with cross-discipline roles within Merkle to help plan, develop, and execute brand and customer strategies that achieve our clients’ business and people-based marketing objectives. In this role, you will be gaining a deep understanding of clients’ businesses, the motivations of their customers and target audiences, and the implications of trends within their industry.
This role requires the ability to assess and synthesize datasets from various sources, to uncover audience motivations from qualitative research, and to tell a story about those findings through audience personas and journeys.
Skillsets we’re looking for:
- Brand Strategy: experience in developing a brand architecture and utilizing to build brand positioning, design, audience and content strategies. Global experience a plus.
- Personas and journeys: experience in crafting data-driven persona profiles and journey maps that capture the motivations, needs, pain points, current experiences, and ideal brand engagement
- Analytical skills: ability to synthesize insights from primary and secondary research across various sources into clear, compelling strategies and strategic documentation (channel specific, audience, journeys, etc.)
- Workshop moderation: experience in facilitating workshops as well as leading working sessions internally and externally
- Qualitative research: skills in guiding conversations across stakeholders, consumers, B2B customers, and other audiences to uncover deep insights
- InDesign experience: design skills (and familiarity with InDesign in particular) is desired, but not a requirement
- BA or BS in a research-, strategy-, or marketing-related field
- 5-7 years of industry experience in marketing, digital experience, primary research, or strategic planning
- Ability to translate strategic insights into actionable recommendations, digital experience roadmaps strategic briefs, or other guidance for creative teams
- Results-oriented, customer-focused team player
- Adaptability, time management, and attention to detail
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities to align with client strategic objectives and roadmap
- Ability to manage clients and work in a fast-paced environment
- Focused; a self-starter with experience working in a very fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Cross-functional collaboration: demonstrated ability to lead collaborative internal discussions across a variety of departments (especially with UX Strategy, Creative, Technology, and Content Strategy)
- Are comfortable with up to 25-40% travel allocation
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.