Team Manager - Product Roll Out, Americas
We are Dentsu Aegis Network. We innovate the way brands are built. That means we do things differently so they’re better than before. In this way, we make our clients’ most important marketing assets—their brands—win in a changing world.
Part of Dentsu Inc., Dentsu Aegis Network is made up of ten global network brands - Carat, Dentsu, dentsu X, iProspect, Isobar, mcgarrybowen, Merkle, MKTG, Posterscope and Vizeum and supported by its specialist/multi-market brands.
Dentsu Aegis Network is headquartered in London and operates in 145 countries worldwide with more than 50,000 dedicated specialists.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.
Dentsu Aegis Network (DAN) is recruiting for a Team Manager to join the Data Products and Technologies team in New York City.
The team for the Americas is pivotal in realizing our product vision by managing and supporting Dentsu Aegis’ successful and innovative technology products and solutions. Reporting to the Americas Hub Director, the Team Manager is responsible for the leadership of the project delivery side of the team. Responsibility of projects running on time and budget and that the relevant requirements are gathered for the onboarding of Americas clients to our products.
To be successful in the role, a strong enthusiasm coupled with organizational skills, an analytical interest and the ability to work autonomously in a fast-paced, demanding work environment is required. The Team Lead is required to be reactive to the needs of our clients to ensure that a best in class service is provided.
- Secondary point of contact for all projects running through the Americas Hub
- Manage projects using common project management tools (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Workfront)
- Manage projects to the agreed scope detailed within the individual business case or statement of work
- Ensure communication is regular and clear to the various stakeholders on project progress
- Responsible for the team’s adherence to data governance policies across all client projects
- Build relationships with clients and senior stakeholders in the global and Americas technology team
- Manage the Project Management team
- Have the ability to work autonomously with direction from the Americas Hub Lead
- Manage the recruiting process for your team
- Define and document issues and find ways to resolve them
- Work closely with the Americas Hub Lead to define and implement the strategy for the rollout of new products
- Mentor the team closely to encourage growth and drive in each member
- Ensure smooth running management of product rollout and changes, resulting in a great experience for the end users
- Minimum of 5 management experience in product development or management – Media data products and technologies experience preferred
- Background in the media industry preferred
- Knowledge of data technologies and development languages a plus
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to prioritize, multi-task and work well under pressure
- You will have strong organizational, planning and prioritizing skills
- The ability to work autonomously and take your own initiative is an important part of the role
- Due to the nature of the role, it is important for you to be adaptable and flexible to ensure that any issues get resolved within the required timeframes
- Strong understanding around the importance of building alliances across the network
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, projects and activities simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Strong team management and mentoring abilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Solid technical, business and financial acumen
- Ability to keep accurate records and produce management report
- Bachelor’s degree desirable and/or a combination of equivalent work experience
Dentsu is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on sex, gender identity, race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disabilities or any other protected basis because we believe the best and brightest come from all walks of life. We aspire to foster a community in which diversity is valued in both our employees and our ideas.