Analyst, Digital Media Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Opportunities available for winter 2020 and spring 2021 graduates and recent alumni.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
To create an effective and integrated online marketing strategy, you have to understand your customers, their behaviors, and their values. By identifying and assigning value to each of their digital touchpoints, you can help brands improve and personalize the customer journey and reach their target audiences. Analysts, Digital Media Analytics at Merkle support the SEM, SEO, Media Services and Paid Social teams by providing campaign analytics that promote further insights and optimization. They are part of a multifaceted digital analytics team who work with other analysts and client relationship managers in the company. You will encounter different analytic problems and be challenged to provide unique solutions in a digital, fast-paced world.
- Provide data management, budgeting, bidding, pattern/trend exploration and explanation, ad copy/creative testing and analysis, landing page analysis, and forecasting
- Use coding to develop analytical models in Python or SQL
- Manage the daily core insights of our digital marketing programs to help guide the optimization efforts
- Represent and report information using visualization software such as Tableau or PowerBI to tell a story with data
- Play a supporting role to a Senior Analysts and Managers by customizing the optimization models on a client by client basis
- Engage with our clients to understand marketing goals to alter program execution
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Statistics, Economics, or related field.
- Coursework or internship/industry experience in a related or quantitative capability
- Experience with digital or web analytics (Omniture, WebTrends, Google Analytics, AdWords, AdCenter, DoubleClick, MediaMath, Exact Target) or Cloud Environments (Google Cloud Platform, Azure, AWS) is ideal
- Some experience with SQL, data visualization (Tableau, PowerBI, DataStudio) and Python, R or high-level scripting language preferred
- Familiarity with least one digital marketing channel (Paid Search or SEM, Organic Search or SEO, Paid Social, Earned Social, Display, Email) is ideal
- Explain and present complicated/advanced analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences
- Well-versed in the core MS Office suite programs and an intermediate to advanced user of Excel including the ability to use formulas, functions, and pivot tables
- Must be able to communicate effectively by phone; write clear emails and memos; and enjoy explaining complicated concepts to others
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize responsibilities
- Keen trouble-shooting abilities; high level attention to detail
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.