Systems Administrator - Linux
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest media companies.
Exposure to Linux administration is desirable
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual with circa 2 years’ experience to join our Platform Team working as a Systems Administrator - Linux. The candidate will be given exposure to some of the latest technologies available in platform solutions. A perfect opportunity for someone with a passion for technology and innovative ideas.
The individual will also be given time to train on these technologies and pass various certifications to develop their career. This is an ideal role for someone intrigued by the world of data and technology.
Our services combine expert knowledge and innovative technology to form a range of capabilities to support our clients in different industries.
Life as a Systems Administrator at Merkle
- A strong career framework, the role will involve developing your skills and capability to resolve application issues on our data platforms (Hadoop, Informatica, GlobalScape and NiFi) and cloud platforms (AWS, Google, and Azure)
- The candidate will be responsible for administering and maintaining the environments above through training and personal development
- The successful candidate will be a resilient character with the ability to create and drive ideas.
- Other responsibilities include providing support in administering database technologies currently supported by the Platform Team including SQL Server, Oracle, and MongoDB
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
What we are looking for in you
Professional Skills include:
- Analytical thinking, with the capability to apply logic to solve problems
- The enthusiasm to take on challenging tasks
- Ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines
- Determination to solve complex and challenging situations
- Initiative to pro-actively expand knowledge and improve skills
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with other technical specialists
Circa 2 years' experience in the following Technical Skills:
- Exposure to Linux administration or configuration
- Exposure to system administration
- Experience with scripting languages, such as PowerShell or BASH.
Desirable Skills include:
- Exposure to Informatica Administration
- Exposure to databases technologies (SQL Server, MySQL)
- Exposure to cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google)
- Exposure to Big Data technologies
- Exposure to Windows administration or configuration
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.