Senior Associate (Senior AEM Developer)
Merkle Sokrati is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the US for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, Geico, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer centric business strategies.
As an Senior Associate you’ll join a team responsible for delivering and supporting world-class Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) solutions. You'll Perform technical design or provides design direction to develop responsive front-end components and contribute to all aspects of the AEM Authoring experience including building pages in AEM, training authors, understanding website/authoring issues and enhancement requests. You’ll leverage your strong technical skills in developing seamless and scalable solutions for premier engagements alongside industry experts at Merkle. Merkle may probably feel like home for you if you are developing and want to develop together with us.
• Formulate an implementation plan & prepare estimates for the assigned activities/work items • Report work progress to the manager & the client on a periodic basis
• Participate/Lead in design discussions & client meetings • Follow & Contribute to the organizational best practices/policies • Apply industry standard Design Patterns for web application development
• Develop intelligent and scalable engineering solutions from scratch.
• Review and understand business requirements to ensure that development tasks are completed within the timeline provided and that issues are fully tested with minimal defects • Develop front-end code in a timely and high-quality manner while leveraging site standards including site structure, age templates, navigation and the site information architecture.
• Design, develop, and maintain scalable and stable web solutions that meet business needs.
• Utilize AEM to layout pages, troubleshoot issues, and train authors of the system.
4+ year experience developing J2EE web applications.
• 3+ years of experience in implementing Web application, Web Content Management(WCM), and Digital Asset Management(DAM) solutions using AEM platform. • Well versed with AEM's underlying technology
• Proven capability architecting complex business requirements • Well versed working with Maven/Gradle, HTL & custom taglibs, OSGI services/components, Adobe Cloud services, Workflows, Search (JCR, querybuilder) , DAM.
• Expertise in AEM component development, workflow development, and integrating AEM with other applications.
• Have strong interpersonal skills such as effective listening, empathy, patience and the ability to interface with customers.
• Ability to quickly understand business and technical context in diverse customer environments.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to work effectively across an organization.
• Team player with ability to work individually.
• "Embrace the Unknown" ability - Desire to continually learn and explore new tools, concepts and ideas and then share them with the rest of the team.
• Experience in other Adobe products would be an added advantage (e.g. Adobe DTM, Adobe Campaign , Scene7, Test & Target)
• Experience with AEM as Cloud Service is an added advantage.
• Nice to have Experience working with an Agile methodology and iterative development.
• Nice to have Adobe Experience Manager Sites Developer | Lead Certified