11512 AEM Front End Developer
At Merkle, we help brands make the people-based marketing transformation. Using a combination of first- and third-party data, we create, target, and measure the highly customized customer experiences that not only drive immediate results in the form of today’s response and conversion, but also build tomorrow’s increased loyalty and customer value.
We apply an industry-focused methodology to the solutions we provide, from customer strategy consulting, to audience and experience planning, to experience design and creation, to performance media and site execution. At the heart of these solutions is Merkle’s deep heritage in the data, analytics, and technology capabilities that enable them.
Our capabilities span people-based marketing disciplines: customer strategy, performance media, customer experience and personalization, customer relationship management, loyalty marketing, and enterprise technology services.
The AEM Front End Developer role will be dealing with a large high profile client and is required to configure and customize solutions to the client’s complex needs. The AEM Front End Developer is rooted in software development yet realizes and activates the potential the front-end experience can offer.
- Work alongside software developers and architects, UX / UI visual designers and architects, and product developers
- Slice, mark-up, and script interfaces and content on content managed, responsive websites / systems that work flawlessly on desktop, tablet, phone, and other devices
- Work with Adobe Experience Manager (CQ5 and AEM6)
- Work directly with servers and server-side: AJAX, JS
- Create events and listeners on content and interaction to produce meaningful reporting (Google Analytics, Adobe Marketing Suite, and other conversion tags)
- Delivering product and apps that are based on pre-existing wireframes, designs, or other client requirements
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and approaches
- Experience in following Agile development practices
- Ability to get things done without being micromanaged
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Technical proficiency to accurately document code
- Require minimal supervision and provide oversight for assigned projects
- Prepare proposals and time estimates for future work
- Schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications
- HTML, JSP, HTL (or other templating languages)
- jQuery and extending / customizing plugins
- Extensive knowledge of Git and Git commands
- Bootstrap 3
- CSS Preprocessors (LESS / SASS)
- Front End Frameworks and Task Runners
- AEM or CMS experience
- AJAX, JSON
- REST / SOAP Web Services
- Sightly/HTL experience
- Familiarity with Responsive Design and Graceful Degradation principles
- ADA / Accessibility and Accessibility Markup
- MVC Frameworks and core underlying principles (Angular, React, Vue) highly desirable
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing with AEM (version 6.1 and higher)
- Adobe AEM certifications beneficial but not required
- 5+ years experience maintaining and administering AEM sites
- 3+ years experience with creating designs systems, and clientlib architecture in AEM
- Experience utilizing BitBucket, GitHub, Jira and Confluence
Please note that these are W2 opportunities only. We do not provide H1B visa sponsorship or work Corp to Corp.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.