Salesforce Marketing Cloud Architect
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Platform Architect is a unique hybrid of business and technical consultant with the ability to operate as a digital tech lead focusing on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly ExactTarget). As the owner of email solutions for multiple clients, this person is responsible for the successful onboarding and overall technological direction for those clients and works as a liaison between the account management and operations team to design and deliver high quality, scalable technical solutions. The successful candidate will be able to display thought leadership, technical prowess, and the ability to manage cross-division, cross-functional teams from project inception to completion.
- Demonstrate technical expertise while scoping and driving the creation of digital solutions, email campaigns, email reporting, and data integration.
- Gather business, marketing, and technical requirements in order to craft a comprehensive and scalable solution.
- Ensure alignment of business requirements with Merkle standards and policies, and with industry best practices.
- Architect data feeds, platform configuration, and components needed to run complex automated email campaigns.
- Proactively identify and resolve problems including client data feed issues.
- Stay abreast of industry technology innovations, new business practices, and third-party technology solutions.
- Help us continuously improve by identifying, creating, and enhancing internal systems and processes based on recurring client requests or evolving industry standards.
- Act as a consultant and technical expert on the Salesforce Marketing Cloud to serve clients’ needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, or work experience that demonstrates comparable abilities.
- 3+ years experience in information technology or technical marketing, with at least 2 years in a client-facing position.
- Experience in a technical leadership role designing, building, and executing complex automated email campaigns in a leading ESP, such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ExactTarget, Oracle Responsys or Eloqua, Adobe Campaign, Epsilon, Acxiom, Yesmail, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to conceptualize and communicate highly detailed technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to take initiative as well as lead, motivate, and oversee teams to produce results.
- Solid understanding of:
- Solution design and architecture
- Relational database concepts, with exposure to SQL
- Data management, segmentation, and ETL best practices
- Scripting and query development
- Web analytics
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.