Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic, driven and technically proficient software engineer to help develop innovative applications. You will expand upon your current skill set through cross-disciplinary collaboration with some of the smartest and nicest people in the industry, while learning the inner workings of a fast-paced digital marketing agency. You will work closely with a team of developers in an agile software development environment to expand our cloud based cutting edge data insight and marketing solutions that conquer the big-data problem space.
- You love coding.
- You love problem solving.
- You constantly research and stay on top of the latest technologies & frameworks.
- You’re excited by the idea of utilizing bleeding edge technologies to create unique solutions to solve problems.
- You play well with others and have well-developed communications skills.
- You enjoy collaborating with others to plan, design, & implement solutions.
- You embrace agile methodologies and modern software development best practices.
- You attack problems in a fearless, pragmatic and iterative fashion.
- You are interested in working with big data and dynamically scalable systems.
- You see the advantages to developing and hosting systems in cloud platforms such as AWS.
- Drive innovation by collaborating with fellow developers and end users to rapidly produce critical features.
- Follow Agile principles to continuously deliver increment value to our products within expected time frames.
- Participate in the full software development life cycle from requirement gathering to application release.
- Collaborate with architects and senior developers to design & implement technical solutions utilizing the latest technologies.
- Advance our applications to a next-generation suite using Java/Python & Big Data technologies
- Follow development best practices such as test-driven development, continuous integration, continuous delivery, and version control branching strategies.
- Contribute to a collaborative, positive, and enjoyable environment for your development team.
Key Skills and Experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field Engineering or development background, 1+ years’ work experience, passion to code
- A desire to be challenged, solve problems and stay on top of the latest technologies and frameworks
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a rapidly changing business environment
- Proficient with object oriented and functional programming principles
- Knowledge of Java, Python and SQL
- Familiar with Algorithms and Data structures
- Understand code reusability, security and performance concerns
- Expertise with JVM based environments and garbage collection
- Knowledge of RESTful API
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, S3, DynamoDB, SQS
- Familiar with Test Driven Development
- Understanding of MapReduce principles
- Comfortable working in Unix/Linux environments and with command-line tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.