Paid Search Associate Director
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We’re looking for a Paid Search Associate Director to lead strategy, vision and growth for our largest and most complex paid search accounts. This role requires extensive experience of paid search management across multiple platforms, as well as experience of growing client relationships at all levels. The Paid Search Associate Director will be responsible for co-ordinating and overseeing paid search strategies on selected accounts, as well as contributing to cross-channel media plans where required.
The role requires a thorough understanding of a client's business needs and goals to ensure these are met and any future opportunities for growth are raised. The Director – Paid Search will be accountable for driving best-in-class innovative work across their client portfolio, as well as contributing to internal departmental initiatives, working closely with the rest of the Paid Search leadership team.
In this role, you will oversee the management of Senior Managers and Managers and be responsible for their personnel development and performance assessment.
Life as a Paid Search Associate Director at Merkle
- Own the day to day client relationship for large paid search accounts and be the face of the internal team
- Own the collaborative relationship with our Digital Delivery team, other agencies and external partners involved with their client(s)
- Ensure that our account delivery, service levels and performance to the client is industry leading
- Work with the Client Services team to recognise new service and growth opportunities
- Support the Business Development team as a senior face of the department in new business pitches
- Accountable for thought leadership activity both with the client and internally, putting forward new topics of interest and championing creative strategic thinking
- Inspire and challenge the client with innovative and digital-first marketing solutions
- Ensure effective communication across internal teams and across the client, media owners and agency partners
- Responsible for the overall delivery of, and client satisfaction in, their portfolio of accounts
- Manage team of experienced Managers and Senior Managers, leading performance reviews and overseeing professional development, and supporting them in the management of their teams
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
- We anticipate the successful candidate will have circa 4+ years of practical and extensive experience creating, managing and directing paid search strategies across Google Ads and Microsoft Advertising, including a thorough understanding of search management platforms such as Search Ads 360, Kenshoo etc.
- 18 months+ proven team management and development experience
- Experience applying strategic thinking to complex paid search campaigns, with a demonstrable track record in achieving KPIs and business impact
- Solid understanding of cross-channel theory and how paid search supports the wider marketing mix
- Experience of collaborating with senior level stakeholders both internally and externally
- Excellent presentation skills and confident communicator across all seniority levels
- Excel at building relationships, both internally and with C level clients
- Possession of excellent written, oral and presentation skills
- Strong understanding of project management
- Experienced co-ordinator and delegator
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Carers & Parents.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.