Print Production Coordinator
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
As a Production Coordinator we’re looking for you to bring a strong willingness to learn and coordinate print and vendor management. Primary responsibility will be to monitor, management and handle production related functions of direct mail campaigns. Knowledge of lettershop, mailing and the postal service is a plus, as well as experience in an agency environment. We service a wide variety of marketing verticals (pharmaceutical, financial and banking, retail, travel, and entertainment), Production experience in one of these verticals is desired.
- Self-motivated to learn all aspects of targeted, multi-channel direct marketing.
- Coordinate the print production activities of one or more clients, primarily direct mail, including: estimating, scheduling, project management, vendor management, pre-press, printing/personalization and lettershop services
- Coordinate projects that may include: versioning, data segmentation, multiple mail drops, multi-lingual translations and more
- Coordinate the vendor relationship with skill, diplomacy, an eye for detail and a sense of urgency as you schedule and manage the outsourced production to vendors. Research and select vendors who can provide the best-in-class capabilities and creative options.
- Work with Production Managers to create job specifications that best fit the Creative strategy, budget and objectives.
- Estimate projects – work with Production Managers on budgets and negotiate with external vendors to obtain best pricing.
- Work with Production Managers to review estimates to ensure the company’s profit goals are met while achieving customer satisfaction.
- Meet tight deadlines while successfully coordinating programs.
- Maintain a high level of fiscal responsibility by coordinating project budgets, generating purchase orders; making the reconciliation of monthly projects and client billings a top priority.
- Work with Production Managers to implement a production evaluation process to identify opportunities for increased efficiencies and profitability.
- Willingness to learn Postal regulations is a must – domestic, standard and non-profit mail.
- Bachelor Degree strongly preferred (Marketing/Communications/English/Graphic Design/Business Admin)
- Good project management skills
- Time Management
- Strong problem solving skills
- Understanding of the art and science of Direct Mail production, the technicalities of lettershop and the rigors connected with postal requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
- Minimum of 1-2 years of print production and / or direct mail experience
- Experience coordinating deliverables of third party suppliers (i.e. printers, lettershops)
- Familiarity with USPS regulations.
- Familiarity working with campaign budgets and timelines
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
• Comprehensive healthcare plans
• FTO and family leave
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.