Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency and the largest independent agency in the US for CRM, digital, and search. For more than 28 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, Geico, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, and many others to build and execute customer centric business strategies.
The Senior SEO Specialist will drive Search Engine Optimization strategy, tactics, and overall success for our clients. They will be part of day-to-day execution and maintenance of SEO strategies, including keyword research, analysis, portfolio management, and opportunity analysis. They will work closely with the campaign team and development teams, as well as our client services team to communicate technical and campaign details to our clients and implement the initiatives underlying the SEO strategy. The Senior SEO Specialist will be responsible for the ongoing reporting of performance and evolution of the SEO strategy to achieve KPI's determined by the client and/or the team.
- Working closely with the Associate SEO Director and the wider SEO team to establish best practice and develop new goals to push the department forward.
- Acting as the main point of contact for key clients, planning and implementing campaigns whilst also providing regular updates on timeline, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis.
- Manage and execute online marketing strategies including Technical SEO and content development.
- Extract insight from client data, identify relevant trends and provide well-developed proactive recommendations to enhance and exceed overall client search marketing goals and objectives.
- Identifying ample opportunities for existing and prospective clients.
- Actively attend industry events and knowledge sharing sessions. This will include contributing externally as a thought leader positioning Merkle as an industry leader in SEO.
- Support the career development of the wider SEO team including training, conducting regular 1:1’s and performance reviews as well as supporting the interviewing of new hires
- Experience within an SEO focused role ideally within an Agency environment
- Ideally you would have previous experience within managing or mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Passion about the world of SEO with a keen interest in becoming an industry leading expert.
- Advanced problem-solving skills for websites and technical SEO implementation experience including: on-page SEO factors and site architecture improvements, along with knowledge of content management systems.
- Experience with HTML editing, FTP, and CMS programs