Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We’re looking for a UX Designer to work on world-class digital campaigns for the Promotion and Loyalty Solutions team at Merkle. As a UX designer, you'll help shape concepts projects from quick sketches and heuristic reviews to user flows, low fidelity/high fidelity wireframes, and interactive prototypes. We primarily focus on gamification within promotions and loyalty programs across a diverse range of clients and industries. Our UX team works side-by-side with Creative, Strategy, Sales, and Development teams. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of usability design heuristics, usability testing, gamification concepts, and be excited to roll up their sleeves and put theory into practice. This is a great opportunity to get in early on a growing team.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Strategy, Sales and Creative teams to understand requirements, use cases, and user journeys
- Perform Heuristics reviews and conduct usability testing
- Use data collected from research, user testing, analytics, testing, and market analysis to inform deliverables
- Visualize concepts through documentation such as sketches, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc.
- Present your work to internal stakeholders and clients for review and feedback
- Work with technology teams and partners to develop new and immerging experiences
- Work within a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects at various stages of completeness
- 5-7 years of professional UX design experience.
- Proficiency with Axure and Sketch
- A portfolio demonstrating simple and intuitive user-centered design
- Experience with mobile and/or web-based design
- Strong understanding of usability heuristics and design
- Collaborative work style and you value close-knit teams
- Experience (or desire to learn) usability testing tools and protocols
- Experience (or desire to learn) gamification concepts and mechanics
- Experience (or desire to learn) promotion and loyalty design
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
Perks & Benefits
Merkle offers a flexible vacation policy, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, generous health, dental and vision insurance options, parental leave, adoption benefits, and more. We recognize high-performers and provide long-term growth opportunities. We hope you'll join us!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt