Salesforce Commerce Cloud Lead
Merkle is a global data-driven, technology-enabled performance marketing agency. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands like Dell, T-Mobile, Samsung, GEICO, Regions, Kimberly-Clark, AARP, Lilly, Sanofi, NBC Universal, DIRECTV, American Cancer Society, Habitat for Humanity, and many others to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 9,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market.
At Merkle, we help brands make the people-based marketing transformation. Using a combination of first- and third-party data, we create, target, and measure the highly customized customer experiences that not only drive immediate results in the form of today’s response and conversion, but also build tomorrow’s increased loyalty and customer value. At the heart of these solutions is Merkle’s deep heritage in the data, analytics, and technology capabilities that enable them.
Our capabilities span people-based marketing disciplines: customer strategy, performance media, customer experience and personalization, customer relationship management, loyalty marketing, and enterprise technology services. This have cross functional teams with a lot of skills and understanding of multiple capabilities, UI/UX, Frontend, Backend, Scalability, Security, Performance, Databases, Caches, Microservices, DevOps, SOA, Integration Patterns, etc.
The Salesforce eCommerce Technical Lead will be responsible for leading the development efforts on new implementations, site enhancements, and regular maintenance/support of client eCommerce sites.
The Technical Lead will work with other developers - to help define and code solutions, assist with problems and technical roadblocks, and provide guidance during QA and UAT.
1. Develop Commerce Cloud solutions that support best practices in technology, features, performance and scalability
2. Lead 3rd party integration efforts required including, but not limited to : payment and tax providers, OMS, ERP, WMS, CMS, middleware, etc.
3. Lead release and deployment processes for assigned projects
4. Diagnose and solve technical problems related to eCommerce and the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform
5. Work as Technical Architect to resolve major issues impacting delivery
6. Turn client requirements into use cases and tasks with technical specification
7. Work with PM to delegate tasks and tickets to appropriate team members
8. Perform detailed code reviews and providing input when needed to make sure best practices are being followed and technical debt is minimized
9. Mentor and coach other developers
10. Stay current with the Commerce Cloud platforms, releases, and new features & functionality
1. Minimum 4 years of development experience in Salesforce Commerce cloud
2. Minimum 2 years in a Tech / Team Lead role
3. Direct customer facing and implementation delivery experience in a consulting role
4. Strong technical skills with a proven track record of delivering key technical initiatives and implementing web technologies
5. Strong understanding of the SDLC and development process
6. Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables
7. Exceptional communication skills
8. Strong (and creative!) problem-solving skills
9. Ability to work independently and as part of team
10. Nice to have Experience working with an Agile methodology and iterative development.