Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.
As a Customer Strategy Associate at Merkle, you will operate as a key member of our client account team helping to ensure that the programs we execute are based on our deep understanding of our client’s business and strategic objectives. You must also show the ability to build strong relationships in order to become a trusted advisor to the client and Merkle account team. This role requires you to be analytical as well as creative in your thought process and be nimble in your thinking about client problems. This includes proficiency in planning across media and channels, development and management of campaigns that generate measurable ROI and have the ability to work across multiple of our core vertical markets As a key member inside of an account team you must also demonstrate the capability to get others to believe in the ideas that you present and follow that belief through to execution.
- Build, develop, and delivery strategic omni-channel marketing plans.
- Act as a subject matter expert, particularly in the areas of digital marketing and CRM.
- Continually monitor current marketing trends, new technology solutions, and competitive strategies – and then translate them into new marketing ideas for clients.
- Show a strong understanding of differences in marketing to customers in different verticals and environments.
- Develop trusted, long-term relationships with key client contacts and executives.
- Ensure meaningful client value is delivered through a mix of best-practice solutions, skills, capabilities, and original thinking.
- Collaborate and develop relationships with internal Merkle teams (account management, operations, creative, analytics etc.), and partner agencies to understand the feasibility of cross-channel recommendations/ plans.
- Identify key data points and measurements to show the impact of our approach and strategy on the client’s business.
You must have a strong passion for problem solving, and a deep understanding of how businesses, brands and customers interact, with an advanced understanding of the rapidly evolving role that data and technology play in this relationship. You must possess the ability to identify business growth opportunities and develop strategic recommendations to support the growth of client relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- Experience with or exposure to data driven marketing – specifically CRM/ email / Online media / Offline media
- Hands-on skills using data and research to drive decisions –proficiency in Excel and research tools a plus.
- Strong writing, presentation and client facing communication skills. Experience translating data analysis into actionable marketing recommendations and presentations – proficiency in PowerPoint a plus.
- Attention to detail and the ability to incorporate internal and external feedback on an iterative basis.
- Ability to leverage business experience / acumen to identify new business and marketing opportunities.
- Strong listening skills to understand clients visible and invisible needs.
- Must have superior multi-tasking, networking, time management and inter-personal skills.
- Self-starter high intellectual curiosity, drive, determination, and persuasion skills.
- Comfort and experience working within a highly matrixed organization in roles with a wide degree of latitude.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.