Associate Research & Brand Strategist
Merkle is a data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency specializing in delivering unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched understanding of consumer insights that guide people-based marketing strategies. Its combined performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
We are champions for meaningful progress, and we aim to be a force for good—for our people, our clients, the industry, and our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding, and learning so they can grow. We embed diversity in our mindset, solutions, and teams to empower an inclusive, equitable, and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators and our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
As the Associate Research & Brand Strategist, you will help work with teams to help develop and execute research projects and customer strategies to achieve our clients' business and people-based marketing goals. You will gain an understanding of clients' businesses, the motivations of their customers and target audiences, and the effects of trends within their industry.
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Digital Experience Strategy, you will need both an analytical and strategic mindset. You will assess and summarize datasets from several sources, uncover audience motivations from qualitative research, and tell a story about those findings through audience personas and journeys
- Support and conduct primary and secondary customer research, including interviews, research, and survey design and deployment, among others
- Develop strategic briefs, personas, journeys, and roadmaps based on research for execution by creative and user experience teams
- Help build client workshops, presentations, and other working sessions to determine client our goals and market considerations or to present research results and strategic recommendations
- Work with our teams to assess the performance of current-state digital experiences and identify opportunities to strengthen future-state experiences
- Translate data into compelling stories
- Bachelor's degree in research, strategy, or marketing related field
- 2+ years of industry experience in marketing, digital experience, primary research, or strategic planning
- Translate strategic insights into applicable recommendations, digital experience roadmaps, strategic briefs, or other guidance for creative teams
- Experience in web, mobile, or campaign experiences
- Excellent communication skills with partners
- Up to 25% travel allocated
- Must be in the Denver area or MST time zone.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.