Copy of Senior Analyst, Customer Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network
LOCATION: ANY MERKLE OFFICE NATIONWIDE
Senior Associate, Customer Analytics
Senior Associate will support the audience segmentation, audience analytics and testing strategy and campaign execution. He/she will lead in-console reporting and analysis that’s aligned with brand KPIs and will be challenged with analyzing relational database and transactional information to support a variety of marketing initiatives and performance analysis.
The role will revolve around the application of analytic techniques to drive and enhance the client’s marketing performance across their multi-brand portfolio. To succeed in this role, the senior analyst is expected to demonstrate strategic thinking, logical reasoning, strong communication and presentation skills, outstanding analytic skills, and the ability to resolve complex issues.
Strategy & Analytics Development
- Support the implementation and audience development of data management platforms (CDP’s)
- Conduct CDP audience management for paid and owned media, cross-channel customer engagement, testing and measurement
- Conduct analyses using different data sources to develop audience-based testing
- Execute a wide variety of analytics projects including predictive modeling, customer profiling, lifecycle analysis, campaign test design and analysis, dashboard reporting, market basket analysis, product recommendations, and customer segmentation
- Extract and process large quantities of data from data warehouses and other data marts in support of assignments
- Analyze marketing metrics to identify cause-effect relationships between marketing levers and outcomes
- Data mining and analysis, including the ability to independently QA database information and analytics outputs and drive platform enhancements via communication and requirements documentation for technology teams
- Build predictive models to drive customer acquisition and retention
- Turn complex data into practical and actionable marketing insights
- Develop test designs to support one-time and longitudinal test plans
- Support development of efficient and accurate project management plans for project delivery
- Work with diverse client roles with guidance from an engagement lead
- Often working as part of a multi-disciplinary team within Merkle and on the client-side support and ensure success in the deployment and usage of clients’ technology investment
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience in digital analytics and quantitative marketing arena
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent quantitative field with emphasis on programming required
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Proficiency with multiple analytics tools required (SAS, SQL, Python, etc.); R strongly preferred
- Understanding of relational databases and transactional data required
- Hands-on experience with BI or digital analytics tools preferred but not required
- Familiarity with Mar Tech/Ad tech platforms and hands on experience in one of the CDP tools such as Adobe Experience Platform, Salesforce CDP, Salesforce Interaction Studio, ActionIQ, Segment, Tealium Audience, mPartical is preferred but not required
- Must have experience with statistical concepts and applying statistical techniques such as regression, ANOVA, cluster analysis, factor analysis, time series forecasting, machine learning, and experimental design
- Ability to discover hidden insights or complex patterns through advanced multi-variate data mining techniques on un-structured business problems
- Strong written, communication, and presentation skills
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.