Senior SEO Associate
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Our UK SEO team was founded in the Summer of 2017 and after extensive growth we stand as a team of almost 30 with even more ambitious growth plans. As an SEO Senior Associate, you will support on delivering complex SEO projects for clients, while supporting the growth of the department through development of best practice, training materials, and cross-department initiatives.
Life as a SEO Senior Associate at Merkle
• Working closely with account leads the Senior Associate will develop and drive the tactical initiatives designed to successfully achieve Merkle clients' SEO goals
• Engaging a 'problem-solving' mindset for challenges, you will manage time effectively, communicate clearly, and QA thoroughly to ensure work is on time and of the highest standard
• Providing regular updates on timeline, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis and other follow-up items
• Extracting insight from campaign data, to identify relevant trends and provides well-developed proactive recommendations to enhance and exceed overall client search marketing goals and objectives
• Working closely with key team members including, but not limited to, Management, SEO Technicians and Specialists, as well as team members in other functions, to ensure client success
• Helping wider SEO team develop their skills, through trainings and mentoring junior associates
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
• Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
• Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
• A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
What we are looking for in you
• Experience within an SEO focused role ideally within an agency environment
• Ideally you would have previous experience within managing or mentoring more junior members of the team
• Passion about the world of SEO with a keen interest in becoming an industry leading expert
• Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
• Experience with HTML editing, FTP, and CMS programs is a plus
• Additional language skills are a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.