Paid Search Manager
Founded as an independent media agency in 1996, DWA is headquartered in San Francisco, with eight additional offices in the US, Europe and Asia-Pacific employing 150+ employees globally.
In December 2017 we were acquired by Merkle, part of the Dentsu Aegis Network. The move expands the B2B offering at marketing agency Merkle, adding scale and breadth to existing capabilities, and offering brands in the technology and B2B sectors greater sophistication, integrated technology, data, creativity, and outstanding performance marketing. Our approach has delivered success for a diverse group of clients, including Cisco, Citrix, Box, NetApp, Salesforce and Oracle.
The acquisition allows us to have the best of both worlds; locally we retain our independent agency feel, with the backing of a global network - meaning the potential opportunity for career growth is yours for the taking. We foster a culture of ‘Work Hard, Play Hard’, and actively encourage our team members to have, and share opinions.
We’re looking for someone passionate about Paid Search to help develop our growing team and continue to push the boundaries on what’s possible with the Google Ads, Bing, including exposure to search management platforms such as Search Ads 360, Marin etc!
We’re looking for people who are geeks (and proud), have experience managing high-performing individuals and who want to be positive disruptors in our industry.
This role requires extensive experience of paid search management across multiple platforms. The Paid Search Manager will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing paid search activation on selected accounts, as well as contributing to cross-channel media plans where required.
Life as a Paid Search Manager at Merkle
- Own the day to day client relationship for large paid search accounts
- Own the collaborative relationship with other agencies and external partners involved with their client(s).
- Ensure that our account delivery, service levels and performance to the client is industry leading
- Work with the Media team & other Account Managers to recognize new service and growth opportunities.
- Support our leadership team's activities both with the client and internally by proposing new themes and championing creative strategic thinking.
- Inspire and challenge the client with innovative and digital-first marketing solutions.
- Ensure effective communication across internal teams and across the client, media owners and agency partners.
- Responsible for the overall delivery and client satisfaction in their portfolio of accounts.
What we are looking for in you
- Experience in Paid Search at account manager level
- Experience with managing paid search campaigns across Google Ads and Bing, including exposure to search management platforms such as Search Ads 360, Marin etc.
- B2B experience is a benefit
- Experience applying strategic thinking to complex paid search campaigns, with a demonstrable track record in achieving KPIs
- Experience of collaborating with senior level stakeholders both internally and externally
- Excellent presentation skills and confident communicator
- Excellent at building relationships, both internally and with clients
- Enthusiasm for the future of brand advertising on the web and building that future with us
- Excellent command of German and English (written and spoken)
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Varied and exciting work in an international company
- Lean company structure with flat hierarchies and short decision routes
- A modern office excellently located in the heart of Munich I Remote Work
- An open-hearted, friendly team that enjoys its work and is looking forward to growing with you
- An attractive salary package
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
If you enjoy working on and being responsible for challenging projects and want to work with a successful team, please apply to DWA!
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Germany as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.