AEM Software Engineer
We Dream. We Do. We Deliver.
As a full-service, data-driven customer experience transformation, we partner with Top 500 companies in the DACH region and in Eastern Europe. Originally from Switzerland, Merkle DACH was created out of a merger of Namics and Isobar - two leading full-service digital agencies.
Our 1200+ digital enthusiasts are innovating the way brands are built, through providing expertise in Digital Transformation strategy, MarTech platforms, Creativity, UX, CRM, Data, Commerce, Mobile, Social Media, Intranet, and CMS. We are part of the global Merkle brand, the largest brand within the Dentsu group, which shares with us a network of over 66,000 passionate individuals in 146 countries.
In order to strengthen our AEM development team and further collaborate on our client projects, we are looking for our new AEM backend developer with experience or in the making to come join us in Switzerland!
- Backend development applied to a primarily AEM environment
- Propose appropriate technical solutions, through the understanding of user requirements, business objectives, and technical contexts and constraints
- Help define and validate functional and technical specifications
- Operational support to customers as well as code review and performance optimization on a weekly basis
- Maintenance programming and correction of identified defects, where using standard tools, being able to carry out investigation, analysis, documentation, and tracking status of reported defects
- Work within defined development methodologies, documentation and tools
- Through understanding the global IT strategy and templates development philosophy, clearly communicate and explain technical options
- Able to undertake additional related activities as identified and required
- 2-3 years confirmed experience in AEM design and implementation (AEM 6)
- Java development experience (Java 8, 11)
- Background in Web Development frameworks and first-hand experience in the development and delivery of eCommerce websites.
- Knowledge of Object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience in integration with Elastic search
- Confirmed experience in building, automation, and deployment of software to production
- Experience in Database design and object-related mapping
- Experience in following project lifecycle within agile methodology
- Comfortable in writing unit and integration tests as well as approach to identify tests
- Can clearly author, edit and present technical documents
- Clear communication in English