Strategy Director – Customer Engagement & Loyalty
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Director of Loyalty Strategy will lead in designing next generation, interactive loyalty that enable our clients to build strong, enduring relationships with their most valued consumers. By combining marketing expertise, business analysis, and problem solving you will set the strategic direction and program definition for clients that include leading global brands – such as Coca-Cola, Starbucks, L’Oréal, and Samsung. You will work collaboratively across team of strategy colleagues and cross-functional team members in delivering comprehensive consulting engagements across dynamic portfolio of clients.
You will be joining an innovative and growing team that uniquely combines the strategic acumen of a consulting firm with the creative flair of a marketing agency. We are passionate about delivering great work that is actionable and valuable to clients and this role will play significant role in driving our continued growth and leadership in the market.
· Lead consulting engagement delivery across key clients across phases that include discovery, strategy, program design, user experience, business case, and road-mapping
· Utilize your expertise and experience across disciplines of loyalty marketing, retention marketing, customer engagement, customer experience, customer strategy, and CRM to deliver significant client value
· Focus on defining strategies that create moments of engagement across the customer life cycle that drive sustainable, emotional connections between the consumer and brand
· Apply a data driven approach utilizing data and analytics to inform program opportunity, define the business case, and measurements of success
· Create strong internal partnership with cross-functional team members – building collaboration that spans the disciplines of creative, technology, data insights, and account management
· Develop strong client relationships and establish influence with key client decisions makers
Build and maintain subject expertise across the loyalty domain - include trends, best practices, and thought leadership
· 7-10 years experience in a strategic role at a management consulting firm, strategic marketing agency, or in marketing strategy / customer strategy leadership for a Fortune 500 company.
· Demonstrated experience and expertise in a combination of the following disciplines: loyalty marketing, retention strategy, customer experience management, customer engagement, customer strategy, and CRM
· Strategic thinker able to derive and synthesize insights to provide comprehensive analysis and actionable recommendations for impactful client-facing client deliverables
· Accomplished in combining creativity and critical analysis to storyline recommendations to marketing leaders - leveraging well-developed PowerPoint skills to create compelling presentations with a strong narrative and effective communication skills to engage senior clients
· Demonstrated analytic approach – with strong quantitative skill set to derive data driven recommendations, inform the financial business case, and evaluate program performance
· Strong leadership ability -- combining the tool set and presence to led both engagement team and clients alike
· Proven growth mindset – eager and fast to learn, adept in taking on new challenges, and a committed to enabling continuous improvement
· Diligent, disciplined, and accountable - comfortable in performing at a high-level in a dynamic deadline driven environment
· MBA from leading business school preferred (but not required)
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt