Merkle is the strong combination of local and global. We are more than 250 colleagues here in Denmark and part of Merkle worldwide with more than 11,000 people. Merkle is a leader in data-driven customer experience management (CXM), and we deliver unique, personalized customer experiences across channels and devices.
We are also part of dentsu – a global agency network with more than 46,000 dedicated employees in 145 markets. But size isn’t everything. At Merkle, our mission is to help our clients provide their customers with the best experiences possible. More than anything, this requires skills, passion and cooperation.
We provide expertise in customer experience strategy and consulting, user experience design, CRM, data management, commerce, mobile, content management systems (CMS), adtech and martech platforms.
For the past eight years Mylmage has named us best digital agency.
Feel the spirit – and be part of it
We are a great bunch of dedicated people here in Copenhagen, and surely Merkle means something different to everyone. There’s room for you to be yourself and to grow while being part of a culture and a spirit very dear to us. In fact, we try our best to take good care of each other, our clients and the world around us. If you like the sound of succeeding with your close colleagues, the teams you join, the solutions you make and the clients you work for, then you’ll love …
- This great workplace in central Copenhagen.
- The opportunity to think outside the box in your daily life as well as your career.
- A fun, diverse workday with lots of challenges.
- The sweetest and most talented colleagues in the industry.
- Denmark's finest kitchen serving excellent breakfast and lunch – every day.
- Friday bars, wine tasting club, running club, cool parties and events.
You know all about data. You possess a technical mindset combined with strong communication skills; and are you energised by complex data problem-solving. If so? Then maybe you are our new team member…
We are looking for a new colleague with experience in data engineering and the Microsoft Azure environment to join our Data & Analytics department. Someone who is passionate about creating world-class data and analytical solutions in partnership with like-minded colleagues and clients, that enable the deployment of enhanced customer experience.
Through innovative ways of using data & processes you will help our clients understand the full relevance of their data assets and translate these into actionable decisions that help drive business value within all their customer interactions.
Working on a variety of exciting and challenging client projects, all with a focus around delivering enhanced customer experience; you will contribute to improve the data management of our customers to help them achieve their goals. Activities will vary from project to project, but will encompass making data fit for purpose and readily available, via services such as: creating relevant ETL processes; data manipulation; managing data processes, infrastructure and pipelines; manage data connections to other systems via API integrations, manage data quality & accuracy, implementing data solution (e.g. data-lakes). Furthermore you will support the deployment of these within a variety of platforms / tools; working in close collaboration with your department, the customer team you are part of - with account directors, project managers; as well as other creative and technical competence functions across the agency.
You never walk alone in Merkle. We work in teams with meaningful sparring across skills and disciplines – and you will always have a buddy by your side. In your practice team are some of the best in the country, and with your client teams you create ultimate customer experiences in close cooperation with commercial talents, creative enthusiasts and dedicated developers.
You are already a driven and experienced engineer specialised in the data & analytics world, but are now looking for new opportunities to develop and further your career. As a pre-requisite, you will have:
- 5+ years of real-world experience in a data engineering or data management role
- Experience with data architecture, data management / engineering methodology and Data Integration platforms
- Solid background in data modelling and developing ETL-flows
- Strong experience with Azure data cloud architecture / technologies
- Experience of using modern methods and tools - e.g. CI/CD, DevOps and Git
- Experience with data cataloguing
- QA and Governance understanding
- In-depth knowledge of SQL / databases / no SQL
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Economics, Engineering, or related discipline
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills
- Take initiative and is committed to continuously improving our working methods
- Work well both independently and as part of a team (both locally & remotely)
Desired (but not necessary):
- Experience of working within a consultancy or agency
- Experience of implementing data-lake solutions
- Familiarity with decisioning tools / engines
- Familiarity with machine learning techniques (e.g. Python, R)
- Familiarity with marketing & sales tools (e.g. Salesforce, Adobe) and processes
- Fluent in one of the Scandinavian languages
Is your heart racing a little now? If you can see yourself in all this – both the job and being part of Merkle – we would love to hear from you.
Please send us your CV or an updated LinkedIn profile.
There is no application deadline, finding the right candidate is more important to us than a speedy process. We remove the job-ad when filling the position.
For any questions regarding, please contact Anna Lynge Nielsen, Talent Acquisition Manager, on mail: [email protected] or phone: 28 94 90 73.