Project Manager Email Marketing
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Project Manager will have responsibility for delivery of best-of-breed marketing campaigns. This qualified individual will drive appropriate communication amongst the entire project team and stakeholders for new and existing work. This person will possess an understanding of the customer’s business and marketing requirements and coordinate the team, develop and manage the project scope, manage project plans and schedules, support resource scheduling and tracking, develop and maintain status documents and ensure that the quality of deliverables are met on time and within established budget. He/She will also drive process improvement and standardization across campaign management and email execution teams.
- Structure and manage project timeline, and track deliverables efficiently and effectively
- Identify risks and dependencies and ensure escalations are raised appropriately
- Ensure timely routing and tracking of work requests through the project team
- Manage and maintain the project document repository for the team
- Effectively communicate with client & technical teams and program leadership regarding project timelines and updates, change requests, and issue disposition
- Partner with client and third-party project managers to maintain integrated project timeline
- Manage client & vendor relationships as the primary client contact for all project inquiries and needs
- Work closely with client stakeholders to identify areas for increased efficiencies and opportunities for standardization
- Manage and ensure smooth cross-team communications
- Requires 3 plus years experience in project management: technical project management experience is required relating to CRM program executions, data integrations, Web Implementations and Vendor Management.
- Preferred Digital Platform experience: Marketo, Adobe Experience Manager, Sales Force Marketing Cloud
- Strong ability to understand technical concepts and development process
- Experience managing a project team
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate concepts to a technical and non-technical audience
- Ability to articulate key concepts and issues in oral and written communication
- High degree of personal integrity and accountability
- Ability to work on multiple projects and issues
- Ability to listen and concisely summarize and to make decisions in a timely manner
- A proactive sense of urgency will be needed to meet the requirements on time
- A decision maker not an order taker
- Ability to work efficiently with a global team
Qualifications that are a plus
- Agile Methodology
- PMP Certification
- JIRA and /or SmartSheet
- Business Analyst Experience
- Understanding of Pharmaceutical or health industry
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.