Junior User Researcher - Web Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Our web analytics team is a rapidly expanding part our business and one of the most established and highly respected in the UK. We partner closely with Google, Adobe, Optimizely and VWO within the website testing and personalisation field and the team has expanded its capabilities into what we call Behavioural Analytics.
Behavioural Analytics looks at what customers do online, how they react to content, brand and campaigns and how they behave on different platforms. It gives breadth, depth and context to questions raised from web analytics data. It allows us to visualize and identify the type of interactions that users can have on a website and is used to describe why people feel the way they do, why they act in a certain way, what opinions they have and what motivates them.
The role will operate across all phases of our Behavioural Analytics workstreams with clients. You will be identifying, understanding and quantifying unmet user needs (Learn & Empathize); generating concepts, gathering feedback and prioritizing solutions (Ideate & Explore); and ensuring that designs deliver easy and efficient experiences (Execute and Improve).
You will be generating and analyzing quantitative and qualitative data within a range of tools including Digital Experience Analytics Platforms (Heatmaps, Customer Journey Mapping, Session Replays, Form Analytics), Survey Platforms, and Remote Usability Platforms (Usability Testing, Interviews, Information Architecture).
Ultimately, the role will be responsible for building short- and long-term research roadmaps that deliver enhanced experiences for our clients’ users and we work collaboratively with internal and external teams to ensure the learnings we identify more widely benefit the client.
Life as a Junior User Researcher at Merkle
- Running quantitative and qualitative research on client’s customers to understand why they do or don't convert.
- Contributing to all phases of research activity; from discovery, through planning, execution, analysis and the generation of actionable insight (to inform hypotheses and test ideas).
- Facilitate evidence-based product and design decisions.
- Planning, and prioritizing areas of focus and insights that are followed with actionable strategies to achieve the client’s targets and ROI.
- Day to day account management and written and face to face contact with clients. This will involve cross-functional working with product, tech, design and UX teams.
- Working across multiple client projects simultaneously and managing workload within allocated timeframe.
- Own client relationships, manage the workload and gain autonomy.
- Contribute to the development of our behavioural analytics methodologies and best practices (including comparative benchmarks), ensuring that curiosity and rigour remain key pillars within the team.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
What we are looking for in you
The thing that we really need to see is some background in any of the below:
- Circa 1-2 years experience working with market research and collecting and leveraging quantitative and qualitative behavioural analytics data
- Familiar with one or more of these tools: Session Cam, Hotjar, UserTesting, Content Square, Qualtrics, Usabilla, Google Surveys
- Ability to evaluate concepts and make data-driven, evidence-based recommendations that are actionable by clients
- A strong storyteller who can tailor the way they present data and ideas in such a way that they resonate with their target audience (C-suite, designers, engineers etc.).
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Highly organized and able to prioritize responsibilities across multiple concurrent projects
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Having any of the following would be a bonus:
- Experience with A/B testing programs (and any associated software)
- Experience developing business cases/ROI for research activity
- Knowledge of UX design principles and heuristic evaluation
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.