Marketing Content Writer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
Do you have the ability to use your creativity to tell a story, articulate a strong value proposition and pitch a concept? Are you consultative – both a writer and an editor, able to help non-writers clearly articulate a message in the market?
The Copywriter position will partner with internal team members and executives to articulate the Merkle Promotion and Loyalty Solutions value proposition, including the positioning of products and solutions and developing a consistent and differentiated voice. This position requires both fine attention to branding in the smallest nuance as well as big picture thinking, contributing to a range of content including product marketing materials and sales collateral, agency pitch decks, blogs, ebooks, etc. If you have a knack for breaking through “marketing speak” to create clear, concise and differentiated solution positioning, this role is for you.
Job Specifications and Competencies:
- Develop and manage projects for the creation of marketing materials including sales collateral, capabilities presentations, new business pitches, blogs, articles
- Ability to simultaneously manage several projects and priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail
- Creative and conceptual thinker
- Strong planning and executingl skills
- Stay updated on appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistency in messaging
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of corporate marketing and communications materials
- Write compelling and persuasive copy for new business pitches
- Excellent communicator/collaborator
- Ability to work with senior-level executives as a partner and collaborator on messaging
- Proven copy-writing ability – short and long form marketing copy
- Passion for storytelling and helping others tell their stories with ability simplify messaging
- Ability to quickly pick up knowledge in technology and marketing industry
- A great eye for detail and appreciation of great design, but design skills not needed.
- Technology and product marketing a plus
- Minimum 4-5 years professional copywriting experience with solid portfolio of work
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, advertising, communications, or related discipline
- Exceptional writing and proofreading skills, familiarity with standard style guides a plus
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working in PowerPoint
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
Perks & Benefits
Merkle offers a flexible vacation policy, retirement benefits, paid sick leave, generous health, dental and vision insurance options, parental leave, adoption benefits, and more. We recognize high-performers and provide long-term growth opportunities. We hope you'll join us!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
FLSA Status: Exempt