Senior Manager – Paid Search
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We’re looking for someone passionate about Paid Search to join our growing team and continue to push the boundaries on what’s possible with Google Ads, Microsoft Ads and Amazon platforms! Our team works across a varied portfolio of clients of all shapes, industries and sizes, and we work very closely with the major search engines to remain at the cutting edge of our field. We’re looking for people who are geeks (and proud), have experience managing high-performing individuals and who want to be positive disruptors in our industry.
This role gives you responsibility for overseeing delivery of high quality paid search campaigns across your own client portfolio, as well as managing and developing your own team of Managers and Senior Associates. It requires an understanding of general marketing principles as well as business acumen to support understanding of our clients and the digital marketing space. It supports the development and execution of strategic and tactical initiatives designed to successfully achieve our clients’ goals. The role is diverse and requires the individual to efficiently prioritise and manage multiple work streams at once, effectively communicate with clients, direct reports and more senior colleagues, and have an ability to continuously self-educate in this dynamic digital marketing space. The role will also involve managing more senior staff, so being able to apply advanced people management skills will be crucial.
Life as a Paid Search Senior Manager at Merkle
- Understand client objectives and design paid search strategy aimed at achieving them. You will be the go-to client facing lead for Paid Search, building and nurturing long standing strategic partnerships with your clients
- Leadership of large client account teams, implementing and managing effective ways of working to achieve your long-term account vision
- Platform account management, budget allocation, forecasting, performance monitoring, strategic testing and campaign expansion
- Manage a team of up to 5 Senior Associates and/or Managers, including capacity and resourcing, goal setting, performance reviews, coaching and knowledge sharing
- Daily engagement and collaboration with internal teams, search platform partners and client teams
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
What we are looking for in you
- A passion for Paid Search strategy & delivery
- We anticipate the successful candidate will have ideally 3-4+ years’ experience in Paid Search
- Experience managing and motivating other people managers or experienced teams of paid search executives
- Familiarity with a variety of Paid Search platforms
- Proven experience applying strategic thinking to complex campaigns, with a demonstrable track record in achieving and exceeding KPI’s
- Experience of building and nurturing strong client relationships
- Leadership abilities to be able to supervise and support a large account team
- Professional communication and presentation skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritise effectively
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss a flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.