Lead Analyst, Site Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
In order to create an effective and integrated online marketing strategy, you have to understand your customers, their behaviors, and their values. By identifying and assigning value to each of their digital touchpoints, you can help brands optimize and personalize the customer journey and reach their target audiences. Analysts, Performance Analytics at Merkle support the SEM, SEO, Media Services and Paid Social teams by providing campaign analytics that drive further insights and optimization. They are part of a multifaceted digital analytics team who work closely with other analysts and client relationship managers in the company. You will encounter different analytic problems and be challenged to provide unique and effective solutions in a digital, fast-paced world. The Senior Analyst will use in-depth knowledge in quantitative database analysis and an understanding of business processes.
· Analyzes quantitative and qualitative data using software and manual manipulation
techniques. Interprets and presents results to staff and stakeholders using graphs, charts, or
· Extracts and manipulates data from internal or external databases on a routine and ad hoc
basis in order to develop and deliver usable reports and presentations;
· Understand how to make data visually appealing and simple to both navigate and comprehend for end-users
· Aggregate data from various sources to construct streamlined data pipelines and integrate data from multiple systems
· Identify key metrics and build exec-facing dashboards to track progress of the business and its highest priority initiatives
· Identify key business levers, establish cause & effect, perform analyses, and communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data driven decision-making
· Responsible for ensuring the quality of outputs is what would be expected from a top-class consulting firm
· Stay informed of advancements in industry trends and developing technology; Proactively apply entrepreneurial spirit in identifying opportunities to introduce, enhance and improve Merkle's analytical tools, data mining techniques and processes, ensuring Merkle is always at the forefront of the industry.
· Package selected interim and final deliverables for later re-use by other Merkle teams, including rationale for why options/tactics were chosen (i.e., provides metadata for the documents)
· Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) or equivalent in statistics, math, economics or related scientific/quantitative field
· 1-3 years of experience in quantitative analysis, and marketing
· Hands-on experience with BI and digital analytics tools (Tableau; Adobe Analytics, GA360)
· Proficiency with multiple analytics tools preferred; R, SQL, Python
· Strong in MS Office core suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Be able to contribute to innovation, process improvement, and standardization
· Deliver high quality analytical solutions on-time
· Maintain project plan; manage the day-to-day tasks; and meet project deadlines
· Work effectively across teams to ensure client satisfaction
· Experience with automotive client management is a plus
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.