Sr. UI Designer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled marketing agency specializing in the implementation and integration of measurable marketing programs. The agency combines strategic planning, brand design, and leading technologies to deliver complete marketing solutions for clients.
We are currently looking for a Senior UI designer. This Senior designer will work in collaboration with a small team of other designers, UX experts, strategists and our technical team to develop well thought out and smartly crafted user experiences.
- Deliver beautifully simple and strategically sound experiences that users can relate to.
- Present and defend ideas with clarity to internal teams and clients.
- Effectively define and implement strategic initiatives to meet stated business objectives.
- Collaborate with other designers, strategists, account executives, developers, and clients.
- Inspire those around you by thinking beyond the obvious to create effective and beautiful experiences.
A Little Bit About You:
- You are meticulous and methodical in your approach to design—small details matter to you.
- You think holistically about design systems and UI patterns.
- You’re a critical thinker, problem solver, and storyteller—and you can deliver on these visually.
- You’re an improver, and you’re generous with your skills and your knowledge.
- You are confident enough in your abilities that you handle critiques well and leave ego out of it.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience working on large scale web projects and apps.
- Ability to think strategically on your own as well as in a group.
- Ability to create strong brands and be a steward for already established brands.
- Exceptional verbal presentation and written communication skills.
- Ability to create thoughtful, creative solutions that meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Professional demeanor with a kind heart and passion for great work.
- Superb organizational skills to coordinate complicated projects.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud (including XD), Sketch, and comfortable in Figma.
- Working knowledge of process/product hand-off tools (i.e. Zeplin, Abstract, Invision, Jira, Confluence)
- Exceptional team building skills.
- Ability to talk technical jargon with developer team, but no coding skills necessary.
- Ability to build strong relationships and generate opportunities for repeat business.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Motion design and interactive prototyping (e.g. Adobe After Effects, Principle, Marvel, etc.)
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.