Senior UX Designer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
As a Senior UX Designer, your main role is to define user-centered experiences in collaboration with stakeholders, product owners, researchers, strategists, analysts, developers, and fellow designers.
Some of your responsibilities:
- Scope and oversee UX projects, from beginning to end
- Collaborate with stakeholders, subject matter experts, product owners, researchers, and analysts to discover user insights
- Conduct user research (qualitative & quantitative)
- Produce workflows, user scenarios, user stories, and digital personas
- Help prioritize features based on user insights
- Understand and evangelize usability guidelines and design patterns
- Create wireframes and interactive prototypes
- Collaborate with design teams to share strategy and validate high-fidelity designs
- Design and conduct concept testing and usability testing
- Guide and be a resource for information architecture decisions
Skills and experience you’ll need to be successful:
- 5+ years’ experience in website and application design, with a minimum of 3 years focusing on user experience design
- A diverse portfolio that illustrates understanding of different frameworks and platforms; Preferred experience of designing native applications (Android, iOS), progressive web apps, and adaptive web apps
- UI skillset: Designing for large web, small web, tablet, and mobile devices
- Sketch or equivalent, expert level
- Invision Studio or equivalent, expert level
- Zeplin, expert level
- Interaction skillset: Designing for both click and touch
- Research skillset: intermediate or higher
- Redline handoff to development team skillset: intermediate or higher
- Process skillset: scrum minimum; mature and scaled agile preferred
- Excellent organizational, time management, communication, and presentation skills
- A desire and ability to collaborate with people who have differing skills and perspectives
- Ability to identify and suspend bias in place of user insight and business objectives
- Ability to manage involvement in projects from other team members, including researchers, designers, information architects, and developers
- Ability to translate concepts into wireframes and prototypes that demonstrate intuitive user experiences.
- Expert knowledge in responsive web design best practices
- Familiarity with design patterns and standards in native and web apps
- Experience building and rapidly iterating on interactive prototypes
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.