Merkle Internship Program
We are Merkle, a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader.
Our head office is in Columbia, Maryland and our expansion in Europe started in 2015 with the acquisition of three European companies: Persicopix, DBG and Comet. In 2016, we joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in Europe; we have made several new acquisitions, secured new premises in London and have attracted renowned experts to diversify our offering.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Our internship program is designed to give you a mixture of business and technical skill to empower your future career. You will spend 6 months working with the Managed Services Campaign teams and 3 months working within the Digital Comms team.
Key learnings and tasks working with our Campaign Teams
Our Marketing Campaign teams implement and execute marketing campaigns using tools such as Adobe Campaign and Unica Campaign.
So, you will learn marketing campaign programs best practices and you will learn how to manage client campaign activities reaching from executing campaigns, managing SLAs, campaign briefs, etc.
As part of our Internship programme we’ll give you all the training and mentoring needed to get you up to speed. We’ll do this using both formal and on-the-job training, shadowing other colleagues and working on a variety of projects. Full support and guidance will be given from your line manager and our HR team.
Tasks in the campaign team:
- Understanding client briefs and translating them into workflows using Unica and/or Adobe Campaign
- 4-eye checks of your team colleagues’ work
- Participating in daily stand ups, client calls and retrospective sessions
- You will be directly working with a portfolio of international clients in a wide range of sectors
- Be part of an international team of experienced consultants
Key learnings and tasks working with our Digital Comms Team
· Learn how to use state of the art marketing technology to help the marketing teams of some of the largest European brands
· You will learn skills like HTML and CSS to create HTML Email Campaigns
· You will learn about email best practices, industry news/blogs and tools such as Litmus
· Support the execution of email campaigns through tools like Acoustic (formally known as IBM Watson)
· You will be taught elements of how to use Adobe Dreamweaver and Adobe Photoshop
Throughout your whole time at Merkle you’ll also have the chance to
· Support our Recruitment team and attend university fairs as a Merkle representative to create awareness of our internship and graduate programs
· Work with our department’s leadership team to improve operational processes and communication
· Spend around 20% of your time on learning and development every week
What we’re looking for
· Students in the process of obtaining a Bachelor or Master
· Good attention to detail
· You’ve got intellectual curiosity and ambition
· You’re a great team player but are also able to work autonomously
· Good English is essential as most of our communication takes place in English
We intend to offer our best interns full time positions in our business upon completion of their university degree.
Please submit your CV in ENGLISH
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in Spain as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.