Salesforce Practice Lead
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We’re looking for a Salesforce Marketing Cloud, CDP and Interaction Studio expert and strategic lead to join our UK team as a Practice Lead. You will be responsible for running pre-sales and solutioning for Merkle services around these products. You will own a growth target for the practice and work closely with sales and client services team to develop a pipeline of opportunities and accelerate deals. You will also provide leadership support to implementation, enablement, and managed service teams, ensuring successful outcomes for all clients.
Merkle is a global Salesforce Platinum Partner, you will be joining one of the largest Salesforce practices globally and will have access to the full network of expertise and resource to help you achieve your objectives. You will work closely with our Salesforce Practice Lead EMEA to leverage these capabilities and bring new service offerings to our UK market.
As the Practice Lead of our UK SFMC, SFCDP and Interaction Studio business, you be responsible for growing revenue from related services in this market and ensuring successful outcomes for clients:
· Pre-sales Leadership - Owning a services revenue number and growth target and working closely with our sales and client service teams to help accelerate deals and onboard happy clients. You will specifically contribute:
o Defining marketing technology strategy, roadmaps and solutions including fully costed proposals
o Presenting and demonstrating technology capabilities and solution architecture, where necessary building or leading teams to build proof of concepts.
o Working closely with Salesforce colleagues on joint pre-sales activity
o Own RFI and RFP responses as Solution Lead for the above technology provide solution definitions and explanations, costings and delivery plans
· Consultancy and Solution Leadership
o Working with our clients in an advisory capacity to help them accelerate value from Salesforce Technology; specifically delivering: Platform audits, use case definition, test plan definition, value case definition and road-mapping projects.
o Leading ‘Phase Zero’ projects covering detailed discovery and solution definition around SFMC, CDP and Interaction Studio and working with colleague to integration this with Service Cloud, Sales Cloud and other vendor platform
o Lead teams to deliver pioneering projects around new capabilities from Salesforce including SFCDP.
Life as a Salesforce Practice Lead at Merkle
Day to day will include:
- Supporting new business qualification so that we are focusing on the right types of opportunities
- Leading and delivering pre-sales support for sales and client services teams including proposal writing, pitch delivery and statements of work
- Working closely with UK delivery leadership to forecast demand from sales pipeline as short-term and long-term resourcing plan
- Manage and report on the progress of the UK SFMC practice growth and, on an annual basis, define growth targets and practice business plan
- Working closely with the Dentsu SF Alliance team at a local, regional and global level to drive engagement with colleague at Salesforce and develop joint go-to-market plans for the UK
- Working with your peers in other Merkle EMEA Markets (Spain, The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland) and other regions (APAC and AMER) to define best-practice methodologies for the best use of marketing technology
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What we are looking for in you
We are looking for someone from a consultancy / agency / vendor background with significant experience of leading CRM and marketing technology programmes, costing solutions, writing proposals and statements or works.
You will need to be:
- Circa 10 years’ experience in all things related to marketing technologies and CDP
- A convincing subject matter expert on all things related to SFMC with a track record of creating and sharing thought leadership content
- Experience working with Salesforce Service and Sales Clouds
- An excellent communicator and business leader
- A strong commercial / pre-sales lead
- Capable of mapping out and defining complex data requirements
We’re looking the following skills:
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud tool and CDP solutions
- Advanced level Excel and PowerPoint
- Some experience of digital marketing, CRO, digital analytics, decisioning, campaign planning, creative and UX disciplines
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.